Windows 10: Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok needing some help here's whats going on. I have a windows 8.1 bing laptop I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 for free which I can still do windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by renee1219, Sep 9, 2016.

1. renee1219 Win User

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Ok needing some help here's whats going on. I have a windows 8.1 bing laptop I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 for free which I can still do windows support said its still possible since my windows 8.1 bing was already active. So here's the problem. My laptop is a hp stream 11 with built in hard drive so there's no way to just reemove and upgrade the size. So the hard drive is currently a 21. something gb hard drive and there's only like 8 gb free.

So the windows installer says there's not enough free space and since I just reset the pc yesterday to remove previous owners user name and password. I don't know what could be taking up the space. I do have a 16gb flash drive with windows 10 pro upgrade onto it from when I upgraded my desktop pc.

Here's the crazy part since my hard drive in the laptop is a complete 21. something gb hard drive is it possible to format it and remove the current windows from it and install the windows 10 pro from the flash drive onto the laptop. I know it might sound odd the way I'm explaining this but I'm new to laptops. And if I could install from the usb flash drive how would I go by doing it if I don't know the product key. Is it possible to find it on my desktop and also use the same one on my laptop if I can upgrade it like that.

I hope I'm commenting in the correct area.

:)

renee1219, Sep 9, 2016

2. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

Reverting back to 7 is not possible, who would of guessed? God damn wheres the **** support for this ****!

I have also tried to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet and the same or similar problems arise (not being able to access the flashing or none flashing taskbar with along with the windows associated programs). I suppose the direction windows
    is going, that internet is just a useless thing of the past??

Windows 11 or "9" must be the answer to the inbred thinking to windows 10. AWFUL COMPANY AND PRODUCT! thanks for the damn support Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 ;) i feel appreciated as a customer.

downgraded to 10, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Windows Task Bar unresponsive

I will just disregard this message and revert back to Windows 7. This has been very disappointing. This is a Microsoft upgrade and a Microsoft issue, which there is minute support for. I use this computer for work purposes, and this experience has done nothing
    but conflict the way I make my money. Therefor, I will not be wasting my money on a company that has no interest in supporting their customers or taking the time (three years obviously was not nearly enough) to make sure,
    their product, is fully functional before it is pushed out.

Please ignore this entire post unless there is a known fix or an update that solves the incompetency of this upgrade. I wish to not waste anymore of my time with dead ends. Wish me good luck in reverting back to 7 as I have little faith in this faulty operating
    system!

downgraded to 10, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Basically if that lappy is Win 8 Bing - a Win 10 Home will auto activate with the firmware key. The Win 10 Pro from your USB will not.

Superfly, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying upgrade

2. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  3. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  4. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 8 to windows 10 now. How can i find the answer i got a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 7 to windows 10 now. How

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 7 to windows 10 now. How: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  6. Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 7 to windows 10 now. How

Hi Iam going to try and upgrade from 7 to windows 10 now. How: Hello i asked a month ago i had to revert back to windows 8 after it would not start up right. So i used this app on my Lenovo laptop a recovery key but i forgot using that it make my PC go back to windows 8 and now all my games are gone because i forgot to use restore point...
  7. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  8. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  9. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  10. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....