Windows 10: Tunein radio shortcut to station

Discus and support Tunein radio shortcut to station in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I make a shortcut to open Tunein radio to a particular station? 60452 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcebob, Aug 15, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Tunein radio shortcut to station

How can I make a shortcut to open Tunein radio to a particular station?

:)

tcebob, Aug 15, 2016

2. when will Microsoft address the problem with streaming FM radio on windows 7.8

Well, I don't know why you want to listen to local radio stations via streaming through Tunein when your phone has an FM radio tuner in it and you can listen to local radio station without an internet connection.

Nonetheless, I just tested out streaming a couple of my local radio stations via the Tunein app on my windows phone 7.8 phone and it works just fine on my phone.

Julie fka profjulie, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Tunein radio app won't work - Windows 10

I use TuneIn all the time; some days it works other days it doesn't. It is frustrating because I only listen to one radio station which uses tunein. For several days now it is not working; today is July 4th. I wish that tunein would permanently fix
    the problem they have. I even contacted them the last time this happened. I would dearly love to listen to my favorite radio station at home either on my computer or on my Alexa.

Linda Plante, Aug 15, 2016
  4. PiKo Win User

I am not familiar with Tunein radio, but if you know the streaming link, paste that link in notepad, save it (as txt file) and modify .txt in .m3u.
    Associate .m3u extension to your favorite player such as the VLC player.

5. tcebob Win User
    Piko, thanks for the response. The question was about Tunein radio (a Win 10 app), not streaming links. Actually, I use Winamp and if I could find a link for this particular station I would include it as a bookmark. Tunein radio is fine for listening to radio stations but there is no way to save a location for future quick access.

tcebob, Aug 16, 2016
  6. I have a couple saved in the "My Profile" section on tunein. Two mouse clicks to launch one. To actually start up in a particular station likely requires the paid for version. I'm using the free version. I don't see any way to do what you want?

alphanumeric, Aug 16, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Radio stations usually have (at least the Free ones) an opml url link which you can play directly. The problem is of course finding the actual opml link.
    Google some of the "Radio afficionado" type forums.

I tend to use on a computer Logitech media server as a music server and run "squeezeplay" which picks up the radio stations from your favourites.
    Other links are a .pls url for 320kb AAC High quality --for example BBC R3 (BBC classical music service @320 kbs)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3_aaclca.pls

For tunein this link might help you.

Analysis of TuneIn Radio Stations

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Tunein radio shortcut to station - Similar Threads - Tunein radio shortcut

2. TuneIn Radio App Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TuneIn Radio App Issue: I downloaded the TuneIn app a few months ago and it was working fine. Then it would load. I've tried the app repair feature, uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps coming up with an error....
  3. Sad day for Internet Radio Listeners Tunein Regionally locked 10 Sept

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sad day for Internet Radio Listeners Tunein Regionally locked 10 Sept: Hi folks I thought the Internet was meant to be International -- anyway since yesterday the Tunein radio service - 100,000's free Internet radio stations is now regionally blocked from its UK servers -- So for those things like classical music or other specialized music which...
  4. Cannot Maintain Audio Stream From Radio Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Maintain Audio Stream From Radio Stations: Just bought a new Dell Windows 10 desktop. I often open a browser tab for a radio station and select "listen live" to start audio streaming. If the streaming occurs in a new browser tab, the stream will stop every 10 minutes or so and then start up again. Even more annoying,...
  5. why is my computer slow to stream a radio station

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my computer slow to stream a radio station: why is my computer slow to stream a radio station? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-computer-slow-to-stream-a-radio-station/645d995a-f4fe-4c63-89de-2e320e779a99
  6. Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations: This enquiry is from a non technical person with a neurological disability. What please in 2019 are the various options available to seek and play Internet Radio stations via a Windows 10 Desktop Personal Computer and where are the instructions to easily use such...
  7. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...
  8. TuneIn, your fave radio station?

TuneIn, your fave radio station?: So, what's your favorite radio station on this awesome radio app? Mine: <> 97.3 WMEE <> 92.7 The Skunk <> 100.9 FM The Eagle <> Orlando Sky Radio (dead station, but was one of my faves!) <> Nashville FM (Country!) <> 103 The Wolf So what's YOURS? *Biggrin 112680
  9. Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now

Tunein for Windows -- (Internet Radio) hopeless now: Hi there Is any decent program (Windows) for Tunein -- they've 100% ruined it on Windows -- now it's hopeless to get a station easily - they used to have it to arrange easily by city and Genre. Now you just get ALL the stations in a city - which for a large city could be...
  10. How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10

How to play Tunein Radio on Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how Tunein Radio (Internet radio) can be installed on Windows 10. I want to listen to a local FM Radio Station. Any help would be welcome Thanks 78593

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can I add shortcuts to Cortana for radio stations