Windows 10: Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones

Discus and support Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, is there a way to convert administrative accounts on 8 of my PCs into normal accounts? Without registry or gpedit.msc access. But they are... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lolcocks, Oct 28, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones

Hi, is there a way to convert administrative accounts on 8 of my PCs into normal accounts?
    Without registry or gpedit.msc access.

But they are currently the only administrative accounts on these PCs.

How do I achieve this?
    I want the data in My Documents and Desktop to remain as it is for these accounts.

Please help.

:)

lolcocks, Oct 28, 2015

2. Can no longer log-in as administrator after Windows 10 Update

I think I'm in the same boat, It is not the online account that is the problem, it is the internal administers account password that is the problem, how can we fix that?

I don't know if it's because of the latest build, or that I am using the wrong password, but I have tried them all with no luck.

my problem started with One Disk no longer loading as administrator, so a Microsoft tec tolled e to swap my administrator account to a normal account... so I did, I changed my administrator account to a normal one, but now I can no longer upgrade anything as
    it keeps asking for my administrator password, which it will on longer accept. this looks like a catch 22, as my administrator account is now a normal account.

JonathanMaybury, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Built-in Administrator Can't open anything at all

The built in administrative account is jsut for administrative functions. You can not use it as a normal administrator account. The built in administrative account is the one that is enable by using netuser not the one you made when you first configured
    the computer.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 28, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

On each PC go to Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users.

You don't want to get stuck without an Administrator account so first make a new local administrator account (called Admin for example). To make life easier you can make the password the same on all the PCs and not tell anyone what it is.

Sign off and then into the new Admin account you just created and change any other existing accounts on the PC to standard user in the same place in settings. Their data and documents will be unaffected.

Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones [​IMG]

There are some tutorials here if it isn't clear.

User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Account Type - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

5. larry Win User
    Open an administrative Command Prompt and run the following command to convert an admin account to a standard account.
    Code: net localgroup administrators lolcocks /delete[/quote] Replacing lolcocks with the name of your actual account.
    Remember that the built-in Administrator account could not be changed to standard account by any way.

larry, Oct 28, 2015
  6. lolcocks Win User
    Thank you, that was helpful.
    And how do I disable registry access to the normal account?
    I am using Windows 10 Home Edition on half the PCs and it doesn't have Group Policy Editior. Is there any other way?

lolcocks, Oct 30, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 30, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

A standard user can change only the HLCU (current user) registry hive and can only view the others. Depending what you are wanting to restrict this may be enough.

9. lolcocks Win User
    Thank you, Brink. Let me know the next time you visit your planet, I would like to visit, but I don't have my own ride. *Smile

Okay, thanks.

lolcocks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn all administrative accounts into normal ones - Similar Threads - Turn administrative accounts

2. How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make an account admin if all the accounts are normal users: Hi, I accidentally made all the accounts in my pc normal users there is no administrators how can I make on of them admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-an-account-admin-if-all-the-accounts/de0c26a5-9cda-45a4-93ba-3b779152de66
  3. Pc not turning on normally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc not turning on normally: Hi My laptop have some problem , when i press the power button light comes up for few seconds then it wont turn on and sometime it does, and also the light comes up when i open the lid also and noticed it sometime running when lid was closed, when it does turn on it runs...
  4. built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    built-in administrator & my "normal" administrator accounts: i am noticing that the hidden, built-in administrator account seems to have a different hostname than my "normal" administrator's host name for administrator when i do "net user" in cmd i see my hostname as "\\" for my "normal" administrator account that i created and...
  5. how to turn a temporary account into an administrator

how to turn a temporary account into an administrator: i changed my laptop's name two days ago because i didn't like it. i changed it like this: windows+x > system > change the name of the device. sorry i am translating as i use my laptop in a different language. then, when i restarted, everything was gone besides the program...
  6. How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones: How do I delete all accounts including administrator and create new ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adminstrator/e45e3442-8943-4c04-93a2-c652cc1b0880
  7. No administrator account in a PC, how to get one?

No administrator account in a PC, how to get one?: By mistake, my account type on the PC was changed to non administrator account. Now both accounts in the PC are non administrator accounts. Is there anyway to change it back?...
  8. Accidental administrator removal, one account helppppppp

Accidental administrator removal, one account helppppppp: Can anybody give me a very basic step by step guide as to how I return administrative rights back to my account after I've accidentally removed them. Im very poor with computers and It's the only account on my laptop so every time I try to follow tutorials to restore rights...
  9. normal user account automatically changed to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    normal user account automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  10. All accounts Standard when normal boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All accounts Standard when normal boot: This is weird. If I boot normally, all three accounts, including the built-in Administrator account become Standard accounts, even though they were all setup as Administrator. If I boot to Safe mode or Safe Mode with Networking then they all are Administrator accounts....