Windows 10: Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box.

Discus and support Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I fix this on my printer I have a mg 3500 series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TaylorMcNeil1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box.

how do I fix this on my printer I have a mg 3500 series

:)

TaylorMcNeil1, Aug 25, 2018

2. Unable to check off 'enable bi-directional printer properties'

When I got the Creator update, my Canon iP8220 printer dialog box began to show: "enable bi-directional printer properties". I updated the driver. I tried to check off 'enable...' in the port section, but it is greyed out and will not let me check it
    off. Help! Thanks in advance.

Kathi Flood, Aug 25, 2018
  3. OssieMac Win User
    Latest Win 10. How to Enable Bi-Directional on my printer port.

Without the Bi-Directional support on the Printer port (via USB) I am not able to monitor the individual color toner levels or check which toner cartridge needs replacing. The printer console is indicating that one of the color toner cartridges is low but
    it does not tell me which one. I need to check via the monitoring software which will not work without the Bi-Directional support.

Prior to the Fall update (or it might even have been before that) I used to be able to turn Bi-Directional On and Off with the following procedure. (It has been impracticable to leave it on permanently because it is a shared printer and when someone prints
    from another printer, the dialog comes up on my screen and blocks out a sizeable portion of the screen).

• Devices and Printers
    • Right click Printer
    • Select Printer Properties (Not just properties)
    • Select Ports tab
    • Select Enable Bi-Directional
    The above procedure no longer works. I have been able to get to a dialog displaying the Bi-directional option but it is disabled. Procedure as follows.

• Select Start
    • Select Settings
    • Select Devices
    • Select Printer and Scanners
    • Select my printer name and then Manage button
    • Select Printer properties
    • Select Ports tab
    • Attempting to use the Configure port tells me "This operation is not supported"
    • I cannot select "Enable bidirectional support" because it is disabled (Greyed out)
    Screen shot of the dialog referred to above.

Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box. 63435801-40fc-41f4-8218-26704337ca63?upload=true.jpg

Please tell me what I am not doing correctly because I should think that most printers require the Bi-Directional support so surely we are not being prevented from selecting it.

I have removed all of the software and drivers for the printer and downloaded the latest versions from Fuji Xerox and re-installed but did not fix.

OssieMac, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box.

printer connection

I keep getting this message when trying to print since the last update.Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box

JohnL1_577UP, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box.

1. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's Properties dialog box. - Similar Threads - Turn Enable directional

2. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  3. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  4. Printer Dialog Box Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Dialog Box Blank: I am having a problem with the printer dialog box opening and it is blank, in Edge. I have tried troubleshooting. Here's what I know:It's not the printerIt is only a problem in Edge, not other browsersI set up a second user on my computer and am able to print from Edge from...
  5. Printer Dialog Box Blank

Printer Dialog Box Blank: I am having a problem with the printer dialog box opening and it is blank, in Edge. I have tried troubleshooting. Here's what I know:It's not the printerIt is only a problem in Edge, not other browsersI set up a second user on my computer and am able to print from Edge from...
  6. Printer Dialog Box Blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. printer dialog box problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer dialog box problem: Since the installation of Windows 11 it is no more possible to print with the printer dialog box function and this on the 2 printers which are connected to my PC. I get a message "Printing impossible . check your printer and try again"I have re-installed the 2 printers with...
  8. printer dialog box problem

printer dialog box problem: Since the installation of Windows 11 it is no more possible to print with the printer dialog box function and this on the 2 printers which are connected to my PC. I get a message "Printing impossible . check your printer and try again"I have re-installed the 2 printers with...
  9. Printer dialog box missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer dialog box missing: Hi. My hard drive recently failed so I had to install a new hard drive as well as a new version of Windows. I'm running a Brother printer and I can print something using just the normal Windows printer options window that looks like this:but when I want some more options,...
  10. Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printer's...: I finally figured how to' enable bi-directional support'. this is what I did: My problem was, when printing: Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on, in the printer's Properties dialog box. Go to the document you want to print. Take the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn enable bi directional support windows10

2. enable bidirectional communication windows 10

3. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printers Properties dialog box

4. cannot communicate with the printer.turn enable bi-directional support on in the printers properties dialog box.,
  5. turn enable bi-directional support windows10,
  6. turn enable bi-directional support on in the printers properties dialog box.,
  7. printer properties dialog box,
  8. how to Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printers Properties dialog box.,
  9. Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printers Properties dialog box.,
  10. turn on bi directional in printer drivers,
  11. Which is the bi-directional support button on a printer?,
  12. turn on bi directional printing,
  13. properties bi-directional box,
  14. bi directional printer,
  15. canon mp210 printer Cannot communicate with the printer. Turn Enable bi-directional support on in the printers Properties dialog box.