Windows 10: Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10)

Discus and support Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends, I am new to the forum. I am a former software developer and can usually troubleshoot most pc issues, but this one has me stumped.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MissouriTiger, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10)

Hello friends,

I am new to the forum. I am a former software developer and can usually troubleshoot most pc issues, but this one has me stumped.

I have a new HP laptop running Windows 10, with Office 2000 installed. When I save a Word document, there is a bizarre animation of concentric lines going down to the taskbar. It doesn't work right and hangs up frequently. I cannot find a setting for this, and Google searches are turning up nothing. Can somebody please tell me what is this and how do I turn it off?

:)

MissouriTiger, Dec 18, 2017

2. How do I turn off Live Tile animation?

Pity... i just switched from Android to Win 10, and hope to see that MS learned to care about customers one day...

After 24 months... it is disappointing to see that this simple to fix issue remains unnoticed despite several major/minor updates to Win 10 ...

David Gzirishvili, Dec 18, 2017
  3. Windows Explorer Double Annimation

Turning off all system animations is not an answer and even when I tried it all that happens is the windows flash then disappear then reappear. This is a FRESH install (not an upgrade) its a bug...and its happening on all 3 of my win 10 systems

z3razerviper, Dec 18, 2017
  4. Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10)

Hi MissouriTiger

As I sure you are aware Office 2000 is no longer supported which means security patches are likely way out of date.

In this article you will notice an option to shut off "Animations in Task bar", third from the top. Not sure if this will achieve what you want and it may disable some animations you do want. Thought I would offer it up and you can try / decide.

https://lifehacker.com/disable-this-...u-o-1734223008

There are free alternatives to Office 2000 and while they are not Office they functional exceptionally well for the price.

LibreOffice.org is one and its very compatible with Word and Excel.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 19, 2017
  5. Thank you for the suggestion. I had already tried that and it didn't help. I even tried unchecking every item in the performance options list, and that didn't help either. Btw, this behavior just started after a windows update. I'm finding Widows 10 updates to be VERY troublesome. They change lots of settings, meddle with my desktop, and result in anomalies such as the one described here. I've been using Windows since Win 98, and this is the worst one yet (I didn't use Windows 8). Personally, I wish Microsoft would just leave things alone, stop redesigning the wheel and stop trying to fix things that aren't broken by replacing them with things that are broken. Just my 2 frustrated cents.

MissouriTiger, Dec 19, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    You will not be able to get Office 2000 from doing that. Suggest that you either use Google Docs, Libre Office or upgrade to Office 2016 Student and Home.

Microsoft is not breaking things when they change OS and Office versions. They are keeping up with the model across all platforms. Especially security wise, which Windows 10 was built on to be better at not allowing Malware to take over. Also Office has to be improved to change with the way that the Enterprise with education, healthcare and large offices need, especially with the use of Spreadsheets, Databases and sharing information between users.

bro67, Dec 19, 2017
  7. Sorry it didn't work.

The only thing constant is change.

If you want more control over feature updates, actually all updates, you might look into getting Windows 10 Pro. You can upgrade your Home edition.

Just throwing an idea out there.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10)

1. Turn off Animation when saving Word doc? (Win 10) - Similar Threads - Turn off Animation

2. What's the deal with OneDrive and This PC when saving Word Docs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the deal with OneDrive and This PC when saving Word Docs?: I don't fully understand what OneDrive is, which probably fuels this question.Basically, recently I had trouble finding documents I had saved by searching manually - that is, opening my documents folder and clicking around. It turned out that certain documents had saved to...
  3. What's the deal with OneDrive and This PC when saving Word Docs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the deal with OneDrive and This PC when saving Word Docs?: I don't fully understand what OneDrive is, which probably fuels this question.Basically, recently I had trouble finding documents I had saved by searching manually - that is, opening my documents folder and clicking around. It turned out that certain documents had saved to...
  4. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  5. Turning a large word doc to a website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning a large word doc to a website: I started off writing for a book I wanted to publish , but this has snowballed into 1500 pages of text , jpegs and png's. So I now think it would be better on line as a webpage. I have the doc in word and pdf formats. Is there an easy way of setting it all as a website , have...
  6. Save Word doc on Windows for Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save Word doc on Windows for Mac: I just tried saving a file, the same way I have done for years and am now getting an error code and cannot save a file.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-word-doc-on-windows-for-mac/c39779b3-a69f-416f-a436-92c425c7f203"
  7. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  8. Cant save MS Word docs

Cant save MS Word docs: Since i have upgraded to Win 10 i can no longer save any documents i create with MS Word. I try to save and this error messages pops up every time, and now i cant save any projects i create. 22458
  9. In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF

In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF: Anyone else not able to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDFs? When I try to by doing Save As (with the Word document open) and then in the Save As Type drop down I select PDF then click Save, I instantly get a message saying Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working, trying to...
  10. Can't save word possessor docs.

Can't save word possessor docs.: When I create a doc in MS Word 2013, WordPerfect 12 or Open Office 4.1.1 and click "Save As", a small screen pops up and says "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain permission. Never had this problem in transitions with 95, 98, XP...