Windows 10: Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gamer254rb, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Hello.
    To turn off automatic updates in Windows 10, we basically need to prevent the Windows Update service from running on startup. This can be done by going to Start Menu>type 'Services'>look for a service called 'Windows Update' and double click on it>if it's already running stop it and put its startup type to 'disabled'.
    Cheers.

:)

gamer254rb, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Moschlü Win User

Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Hey Aileen,

thanks for your answer. But there is no "Notify to schedule" Box =(.
    Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates [​IMG]

I am just very confused at this point. I can't stop my computer updating itself, I can't stop my computer from sending Data to Windows ... there is not even the option.

What is going on here? Why is every possible way to use my data by auto turned on, but I cannot control the extend to which my Computer is used by someone else? How can my computer start updating and there is no way to stop it.

I just can't believe this.... The minimal Data i can send is "basic"?... I can't set my "business-hour" to all day? .... I have to put up with advertisement for a product i bought.... why do i have to put up with that?

Is this even legal in the EU?

Moschlü, Nov 6, 2017
  3. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

Hi,

Windows 10 automatically downloads updates and installs them without notifying the user. However, you can configure Windows Update to notify you before a restart is scheduled. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Go to Update & Security > Windows Update and then click the
      Advanced options button.
    • In the drop-down box, switch the setting to Notify to schedule restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Nov 6, 2017
Thema:

Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates

1. Turn off automatic Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Turn off automatic

2. How to turn off automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off automatic windows updates?: How to turn off automatic windows updates? The system is Windows 11 Pro, and the system version is 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-windows-updates/b5f015a2-e82a-4daa-bc53-0d087268fe8e
  3. How to turn off automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off automatic windows updates?: How to turn off automatic windows updates? The system is Windows 11 Pro, and the system version is 21H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-automatic-windows-updates/b5f015a2-e82a-4daa-bc53-0d087268fe8e
  4. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...: My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get...
  5. Windows Update service automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service automatically turns off: My windows Update service Automatically turn off in my laptop , I turned it on several time and it automatically disable , Please help me and make it fast...
  6. Turn off automatic updates

Turn off automatic updates: I have followed the directions for stopping the automatic updates, but when I try to execute them, it tells me I can't access that feature. How do I turn this feature off?...
  7. turn off automatic updates

turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. how to turn off automatic updates?

how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...
  10. Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?

Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10?: Hello, Is it possible to turn off automatic updates for windows 10? I check for updates often and would rather manually install them instead of finding out after the fact that updates we made. Thanks in advance. Stu 68977