Windows 10: turn off camera without admin rights

Discus and support turn off camera without admin rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop from work. I do not have admin rights. But I want to turn off/disable the camera. The device manager I cannot disable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregDove, Aug 10, 2018.

1. GregDove Win User

turn off camera without admin rights

I have a windows 10 laptop from work.

I do not have admin rights.

But I want to turn off/disable the camera.

The device manager I cannot disable the driver. Can I do this in regedit?

I see this

Go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Camera.

Does this turn off the camera? nothing can turn it on?

:)

GregDove, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 10, 2018
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. turn off camera without admin rights - Similar Threads - turn off camera

2. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  3. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  4. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Restart a service without admin rights

Restart a service without admin rights: Trying to further secure the company network and I need to know of a way that a user can restart a software service when they don't have local admin rights? Basically part of the business uses a piece of software to print documents and sometimes this software stops working...
  6. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera turning off: Hi,Does anybody know how to stop my camera from turning off when it cannot detect a face. I was on video call with a friend and whilst sitting in a dark room my camera would turn off. How do I stop this as it’s very annoying....
  7. Camera turning off

Camera turning off: Hi,Does anybody know how to stop my camera from turning off when it cannot detect a face. I was on video call with a friend and whilst sitting in a dark room my camera would turn off. How do I stop this as it’s very annoying....
  8. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Shutdown computer without admin rights?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown computer without admin rights?: submitted by /u/SilentMediator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m59os7/shutdown_computer_without_admin_rights/
  10. Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log off laptop from AD/domain without admin rights?: Heeey, I got a laptop from a friend. He said himself that the part is a bit older and that he has no access to it because the laptop is logged on to an AD. Now I have done some research and managed to create an account. Unfortunately he has no admin rights because I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable camera windows 10 without admin rights