Windows 10: turn off defender

Discus and support turn off defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Wood Win User

turn off defender

under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict

:)

2. Unable to install Windows update for Defender

Hi Jsssssssssss

Thanks for the reply. I went to
    Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10
    and looked at the section in relation to turning off windows defender and the result picture, after the process was complete, is exactly what I already have with my windows
    defender, {ie it is already turned off}.

Virginia B, Jul 14, 2017
  3. LewisTR Win User
    Windows Defender was turned off. It will not turn back on.

I did NOT turn OFF Windows Defender. It was turned OFF and will NOT turn back On. I did a RESTART later, and then was finally able to turn Windows Defender back On.

LewisTR, Jul 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

turn off defender

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  5. Wood Win User
    will webroot and defender conflict

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't have Webroot to say, but some 3rd party AV programs will disable WD when installed.

If Webroot does conflict with WD, then turning off WD should sort it.

Brink, Jul 14, 2017
  7. Wood Win User
    I tried the second one with regedit, it did not work
    I tried update and security and followed 4 different instructions to turn off
    I cannot turn it off

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

turn off defender

Just to verify, did you sign out and in to apply afterwards?

In addition, turning off WD will not remove its notification area icon. That will have to be separately turned off in step 8.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

turn off defender

1. turn off defender - Similar Threads - turn off defender

2. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  3. Turn off Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Windows Defender: I am trying to install a new AV software and Windows defender is blocking it. How do I turn off Windows defender in Windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-defender/75cc62c9-69c6-4b9b-8b43-a55a5cec3d1f
  4. Microsoft Defender Turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Turned off.: Microsoft defender turned off.When turning it on a message is appearing "Threat Service has stopped. Restart it now", but when restarting a dialog box is appearing "Unexpected error. Sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again."Now there's a Windows Security update, after...
  5. windows defender turned off

windows defender turned off: my windows defender got completly turned off by a virus and i need help turning it back on[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off/1ace7038-f611-4e3d-a190-a6a133ce76df
  6. Windows Defender turning off.

Windows Defender turning off.: I have Malwarebytes Premium and I use Windows Defender as a primary scanner, but whenever i update or restart, it turns itself off and i have to turn it back on. Is this normal or something?...
  7. turning off windows defender

turning off windows defender: [ATTACH]i need help because i'm not sure,if i turned off my windows defender will these threats comeback and be allowed? the other 3 at the top are removed or restored so please help....
  8. Windows Defender will not turn off

Windows Defender will not turn off: I see in forums everywhere that when third party anti-malware software is installed and run that Windows Defender turns itself off. But it doesn't with Malware Bytes. Why not? How can I permanently disable Defender while Malware Bytes is installed? Thanks in advance!...
  9. window defender turned off

window defender turned off: my window defender on win 10 pro is turned off and i am unable to turn on. system asks to turn on connect network administrator. and defender is turned off due to group policy etc....
  10. win defender is turned off

win defender is turned off: i noticed win defender is turned off. although i have avast anti virus, should i turn it back on?*Shock 92839