Windows 10: Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.

Discus and support Turn Off Hard Disk After not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a portable USB hdd that is not powering down at idle, a few days ago it was working so not sure what's happened. For testing purposes I have set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kol12, May 25, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

Turn Off Hard Disk After not working.

I have a portable USB hdd that is not powering down at idle, a few days ago it was working so not sure what's happened. For testing purposes I have set the Turn Off Hard Disk After to 1 minute. I have tried different USB ports as well.

:)

Kol12, May 25, 2017

2. Hard disk won't stay alive

Thank you, things seems to be OK now but not sure why as the 0 minutes in
    Turn off hard disk after had always gone back to zero anyway after a restart, I only altered it to 100 minutes see if it stopped the hard disk from turning off.

Problematiquepal, May 25, 2017
  3. Hard disk won't stay alive

Thanks for getting back with the screenshots. Having 0 minutes in
    Turn off hard disk after would mean Never to turn off the hard disk. Since the time goes back to zero (0), just leave it as it is and observe if your hard disk drive stays on.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 25, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Can`t you just eject it when you`re done with it, just like any other usb device ?

Plug it in, use it, eject it.

AddRAM, May 25, 2017
  5. Kol12 Win User
    Well I use this as my backup drive for Macrium images and I actually had only been plugging the drive in manually each time for the backups. I want to get a larger external hdd for backups but have it permanently plugged in so Macrium can do it's thing automatically. The drive was powering down normally the other day so I don't know what's changed...

Kol12, May 25, 2017
  6. Kol12 Win User
    I think I worked this one out. HWiNFO monitoring the drive was keeping it powered on...

Just need to work out how to completely remove monitoring of this particular drive.

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn Off Hard Disk After not working. - Similar Threads - Turn Off Hard

2. Correct way to disable/turn off another hard disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Correct way to disable/turn off another hard disk?: Through Device manager-->Uninstall device-->Uninstall or Through Disk management-->Right click on selected disk-->Offline submitted by /u/flyingfor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5yomk/correct_way_to_disableturn_off_another_hard_disk/
  3. How to disable "Turn off hard disk" in power options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable "Turn off hard disk" in power options?: My laptop has a problem where after it goes to sleep it can't be turned on again. I suspect my SSD (Samsung 850 Evo) can't wake up from sleep if it's turned off.. I went to power options and saw the following: [img] Is there a way to disable this? I think this is why I...
  4. How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop auto turn off hard disk spining?: Hello, My secondary hard disk which is an hard disk not SSD it stops spinning automatically after about a minute ... a sound is heard from it as when I turned off I want to stop this feature in windows 10 ! Every time when I access a file from it, it takes about 1-2...
  5. "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer: How do these values work with eachother? I have my pc go to sleep after 1 hour and my drive to turn off after 2 hours. Should one be higher than the other or the same? submitted by /u/Kelisua [link] [comments]...
  6. Turn Off Hard Disk After Setting Changes to 0 Minutes By Itself

Turn Off Hard Disk After Setting Changes to 0 Minutes By Itself: Hi. I've found that on both of my pc's (1 desktop and 1 laptop) that the Turn Off Hard Disk After "x" minutes setting changes to 0 or never, usually after a reboot. The Default for my desktop is 15 minutes and for the laptop it's 3 minutes on battery power and 15 minutes...
  7. Turning Off Hard Disk

Turning Off Hard Disk: If I set my power options to: Turn off Hard Disk (after x amount of minutes) Turn off Moniter (also after so many minutes) What is the difference between that and setting the pc to sleep mode? I ask because a number of times, coming out of sleep ... it doesn't! The HD...
  8. turn off 2 hard disk after open windows.Please help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off 2 hard disk after open windows.Please help me?: I have two harddisk. one is SSD(windows).second is ide harddisk.in start windows .I can used .windows dectect all hard disk. I can work .but after use second harddisk is off. windows can not detect it.I must closed my file in ssd and restart windows.How can resolve it? ***...
  9. Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 How to Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 The NVMe. Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. When you or anything tries to access a...
  10. Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Turn off hard disk after from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off hard disk after' from Power Options in Windows 10 The NVMe. Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's...