Windows 10: Turn off Notifications about apps

Discus and support Turn off Notifications about apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gallicbear, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Turn off Notifications about apps

Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to go into settings and check notifications. But I don't see anything particular related to that. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

gallicbear, Sep 28, 2015

2. Notifications

Hello,

Check your settings. Have you verified App Notification is turned on?

To Turn On or Off All App Notifications in Settings app

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

To Turn On or Off Notifications for Individual Apps

To Turn On or Off Notification Banners for Individual Apps

Smittychat., Sep 28, 2015
  3. TomBrad95 Win User
    proximity sensor(light sensor)

If your asking about your screen coming on for certain notifications then you can change the settings by going to settings-> notifications+ action centre and for each app turn on or off the banner notification.

TomBrad95, Sep 28, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Turn off Notifications about apps

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Thanks, donetao, but that does not answer my question.

gallicbear, Sep 28, 2015
  6. donetao Win User
    Sorry That's all I have!

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  7. john3650 Win User
  8. john3650 Win User

john3650, Sep 28, 2015
  9. DavidE Win User
    See if this thread helps, looks like you have to turn off the notification while it is displayed.
    windows 10 - Can I disable the notification? - Super User

I can see the setting for this, but for me the check box is disabled, so i can't turn it off.
    I don't have the message displayed, not sure if i ever saw this message on my PC.

Turn off Notifications about apps [​IMG]

DavidE, Sep 28, 2015
  10. Thanks, DavidE. You are the one that understood my problem. And, like you, I haven't fixed it yet.

gallicbear, Sep 28, 2015
  11. Try this one, run CMD as admin and enter:

schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask" /Disable

TairikuOkami, Sep 28, 2015
  12. Thank you, TairikuOkami. That makes sense. I'll work with that and report back.

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn off Notifications about apps - Similar Threads - Turn off Notifications

2. Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...: From what I see, this seems to be possible on win 10 through settings>system>notifications & actions> where I can adjust each app individually. I haven't found this feature in win 11 though. The similar path of settings>system>notificatons on win 11 leads me to an option to...
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  7. Turn Off Win-Notification for certain Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Off Win-Notification for certain Apps: Hi, I want to turn off win-notifications for some but not all stuff, right now for HangOut messages. How is it done ? Regards, Frank 121417
  8. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Notifications How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Notifications Starting with Windows 10 build 18885 on April 26, 2019, Microsoft added a new preview...
  9. Turn off notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  10. How to turn off notifications about problem reports?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn off notifications about problem reports?: Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off: "Check for solutions to problem reports"? I would like to stop receiving notifications. In Control Panel/Security and Maintenance this feature is listed under "Maintenance" with no option to disable. On the left side...