Windows 10: Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

Discus and support Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ALEX0037, Aug 24, 2018.

1. ALEX0037 Win User

Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY

Recently, I bought a numpad keyboard extension for my laptop for ease of data entry. However, I forgot that activating the numlock means the laptop numpad is activated as well.

Is there any way to turn on the numlock only for the extension or disable the numlock function for the laptop keyboard? I honestly wouldn't mind if not for the fact that it prevents me from typing the parenthesis (on my keyboard, numlock turns it into a slash), requiring me to deactivate numlock every time I have to type a bracket.

Any help is appreciated. If there's no solution, it's just another $8 lesson learnt I suppose.

:)

ALEX0037, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Jackman33 Win User

Keyboard NUMLOCK

Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions?

Jackman33, Aug 24, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 keeps turning Numlock off *Mid-Session*

Hello,

If the NumLock key is turning on automatically, there might be corrupt registries within the system, or that software conflicts are occurring inside the system. For us to isolate the issue about the
    NumLock turning on automatically, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur recently? If yes, what changes were made before it occurred?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Aside from modifying the registry, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Aug 24, 2018
  4. John Ado Win User

keyboard issue on numlock

Hi Maribeth,

Tell us more about your keyboard issue. Which Microsoft keyboard are you using? Have you tried updating or reinstalling your keyboard drivers? Describe what exactly is happening when you're turning on the NumLock key. Does it not turn on at all?

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn off numlock for laptop keyboard ONLY - Similar Threads - Turn off numlock

2. Laptop keyboard randomly turns off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard randomly turns off and on: I'm using an Alienware X17 R2 3070 model.Tuesday my keyboard starting randomly going off and on.I have reinstalled the drivers multiple timesTried bluetooth keyboards they work and when plugging in the dongle the built-in keyboard starts working for a bit.When the keyboard...
  3. Laptop keyboard randomly turns off and on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard randomly turns off and on: I'm using an Alienware X17 R2 3070 model.Tuesday my keyboard starting randomly going off and on.I have reinstalled the drivers multiple timesTried bluetooth keyboards they work and when plugging in the dongle the built-in keyboard starts working for a bit.When the keyboard...
  4. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  5. Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo

Turn off Capslock and/or Numlock indicator Lenovo: For all users wanting to turn the on-screen Capslock or Numlock indicator, when pressing the key, off.When I wanted to turn it off, it took me hours to figure out how, and the online solutions are wrong if you only want to turn off the on-screen indicator and only that. So...
  6. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  7. how do i turn numlock off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn numlock off: ive pressed fn+12 but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-numlock-off/2a26c8e7-d78c-4be3-9bad-6c70ca59a47b
  8. how do i turn numlock off

9. Numlock defaults to off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numlock defaults to off: Running new Windows 10 Home 64 bit PC for but a few days I have been irritated that as it has booted I always have to switch numlock on. 100% of boot occasions, numlock is turned off. Can anyone tell me where I can configure the machine to stop it doing this? 21273
  10. Keyboard NUMLOCK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard NUMLOCK: Just reloaded Windows 10 and I can't keep the NUMLOCK on. I have tried many suggestions. I have looked at the registry and it shows on and the bio shows it is on. Any suggestions? 97735