Windows 10: Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist

Discus and support Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 prof 32 bit and joining a domain. I'm trying to share printer and folders but everytime people trying to connect it, they need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by squalllist, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist

I'm using windows 10 prof 32 bit and joining a domain.

I'm trying to share printer and folders but everytime people trying to connect it, they need to enter user and password to access it. I know the way to fix it is by turning off the password sharing in the network sharing but the option to turn off / on password sharing in network sharing simply doesn't exist.

Anyone know how to turn it off? thanks a bunch.

:)

squalllist, Nov 5, 2015

2. How do I remove the network credentials password from Windows 10.

You need to Turn off password protected sharing on the remote computer.

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Andre Da Costa, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Home network

Hi Joan

Thanks for your reply.

Change Advance Sharing Settings

Tabs weren't as you described but everything turned on except Network Discovery which I turned on and Password Protected Sharing which I left turned off

Still doesn't work

BryanLongXX, Nov 5, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist

Right click on the network icon and select Network and Sharing Center. Then click Advanced Sharing Options on the left. The setting should be at the All networks section, scroll down to find it.

spapakons, Nov 5, 2015
  5. Hey, thanks for the response.

I can't find it anywhere. There's no "Password protected sharing" options under the "All networks" profile.
    Anything I can get around to make this appear ? or anything that can "turn off" this password protected sharing setting
    Thx

squalllist, Nov 7, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Maybe there is a command that you can execute from an elevated Command Prompt or PowerShell, but I'm not familiar with these commands, sorry.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  7. chideock Win User
    Right click on the start button. Select Control Panel. Select Network & Sharing Center. Select Advanced Sharing Settings. Page down to All Networks and expand that. At the bottom is selection for Password Protected Sharing.

Its on all the Window 10 machines in my house I should think its on yours.

chideock, Nov 7, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Examine carefully all options in Advanced Sharing. You may have to expand stuff to reveal the password setting.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  9. Hey guys, thanks for the reminder.

Yeah, I did and I have expanded everything.
    Turn on everything, network discoveries, file and printer sharing, but that option (Password Protected Sharing) just doesn't exist.

I'll try to post the screenshot later on tomorrow once I got to my office.

squalllist, Nov 8, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Would it mean that some Windows features are not enabled? In that case, you have to go at Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows Features on or off and check the box to enable the relevant feature. Don't know which one it is. Anyone else?

In case you are looking at the wrong place, here is the Advanced Sharing Settings window in my computer:

Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist [​IMG]

spapakons, Nov 8, 2015
  11. Yes, that's the thing... It doesn't show up on mine.

Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist [​IMG]

squalllist, Nov 10, 2015
  12. Ztruker Win User
    It's probably got something to do with being on a Domain. Apparently that is something you can't do in that environment.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

Yes, if you are in a domain then you shouldn't allowed to connect to shared resources without a password.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn off/on password sharing doesn't exist - Similar Threads - Turn off password

2. Can't Stop Sharing Folder - Doesn't Exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Stop Sharing Folder - Doesn't Exist: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) Quite some time ago, I shared the DVD drive of one machine with my Surface Pro 4. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to map it as D: drive. Now, every time I insert a USB stick into the Surface, it thinks it's that shared DVD...
  3. Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10

Network Sharing prompts for password (Password protected sharing turned off) - Windows 10: I've been using Network Share (HomeGroup before) for a while. Weeks ago I changed my Microsoft account password, and then here I got a problem. Let's say my main PC is PC A, and my second PC is PC B. When I try to access files on B from A, everything works fine. But when I...
  4. Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing...: Hi support team I want to turn off the password protected sharing on my PC. So, the other users available on the same network can access my shared folder without entering any user credentials. To do that I entered into the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and...
  5. Windows 10 Turn Off Password Protected Sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Turn Off Password Protected Sharing: We are looking for a way to turn off password protected sharing either programmatically or through some type of scripting (cmd, powershell, etc.) for Windows 10 1607. It is the option in Advanced Sharing Settings (All Networks) in Network and Sharing Center. We can...
  6. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...
  7. Cannot turn off password protected sharing on W10 PC

Cannot turn off password protected sharing on W10 PC: Hello all! I'm new to this forum, but have been a member of SevenForums for many years! My issue just all of the sudden came up out of the blue. One of the PC's on my home LAN all of the sudden switched settings from having the password setting turned off to now turned on...
  8. Password Protected Sharing - Turn On/Off with PowerShell

Password Protected Sharing - Turn On/Off with PowerShell: How can I use PowerShell to turn on/off "Password Protected Sharing" setting in Advanced sharing settings? 66136
  9. Network share requesting password, but password protection turned off!

Network share requesting password, but password protection turned off!: Hi Guys, This is a curious one. I have three PCs (two desktop and one laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1607). Each system has a shared partition, set up exactly the same, which has sharing set for 'everyone', with 'full control'. Password protected...
  10. Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10 When password protected sharing is turned on, only people who have a Public folders. If you wanted to give access to shared files to other...