Windows 10: Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018.

1. akkha Win User

Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

akkha, Jun 13, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jun 14, 2018
  4. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - Turn off SMB

2. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  3. problems "turn windows features on or off "

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems "turn windows features on or off ": here is no option in this box ….. what can I do now ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-turn-windows-features-on-or-off/6f60bf6e-47bb-415a-9cd9-4bae2af1962d
  4. Turn Windows Features on or off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features on or off Blank: Trying to run Age of Empires 3 and getting error code: 0x800F0831. Apparently I need to access Turn Windows Features on or off to fix this problem, but it comes up blank no matter what I try. Windows version is 10.0.16299. Thanks....
  5. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?: Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151
  6. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  7. Turn Windows Features On or Off blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Windows Features On or Off blank: Hello, everytime I would open Turn Windows Features On or Off it would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds and then everything would be white. I tried sfc /scannow and it couldn't fix it, I tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it said it didn't have a source...
  8. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...
  9. Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off": Hello ! In order to play an old game, I need to activate the DirectPlay feature. I tried to do it through the graphical interface "Turn Windows features on and off" but it failed (and it is the same whatever the feature I try to modify). I tried to do it in command lines...
  10. Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10: thanks a lot Shawn, your tutorials are one of the most organized ones that I have ever seen...absolutely brilliant! 7247

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on smbdirect

2. smb direct feature

3. windows features SMB direct

4. windows 10 features smb direct