Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

Discus and support Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by akkha, Jun 13, 2018.

1. akkha Win User

Can I turn it off ?

Thanks

:)

akkha, Jun 13, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

4. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

Thema:

Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? - Similar Threads - Turn off SMB

1. How to turn off Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off Windows Update: I have a laptop running Windows 10. I wish to turn off, completely, Windows Update, partly (but not solely) because its' internet connection is metered and frequently near its' limit. I cannot find how it's done, I thought I had done it but today found it downloading yet...
  2. Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in

Windows 10 pro 1803: Turn off Cortana in: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  3. Turn off cortana in windows 10 pro 1803

Turn off cortana in windows 10 pro 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  4. Turn off cortana in windows 1803

Turn off cortana in windows 1803: I'd like to use search (superkey/winkey activated) to open up programs not to search the web or the store apps if possible How to turn off cortana in 1803? Can not find any option in gpedit.msc no more, turnin off cortana worked in 1709 is it still possible or has this...
  5. How do I turn off OneDrive/

How do I turn off OneDrive/: I have no use for this. However, no matter what I am doing, typing a letter, browsing on-line, playing a game, I get a pop-up asking me to set up OneDrive. I'm tired of this. Looking on-line says it cannot be deleted. But, now I'm getting a notice that I have a new OneDrive...
  6. Wireless device stay turned off

Wireless device stay turned off: Guys, I know this is not a Windows related question, but I respect your opinion. So; My Wife's phone: an [Le S3 Lex636] has started saying "wireless device is turned off" when I try to make a call. (Note, I'm not using WiFi here, just making a phone call!) It has also...
  7. wireless device is turned off

wireless device is turned off: Guys, I know this is not a Windows related question, but I respect your opinion. So; My Wife's phone: an [Le S3 Lex636] has started saying "wireless device is turned off" when I try to make a call. (Note, I'm not using WiFi here, just making a phone call!) It has also...
Turn off "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ? solved