Windows 10: Turn off the reminder window positions and open folders in full screen

Discus and support Turn off the reminder window positions and open folders in full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all. when i move a window or application in some spot of the desktop and i close it, when i open it again the folder goes to the last position... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by honmaru, Feb 7, 2016.

1. honmaru Win User

Turn off the reminder window positions and open folders in full screen

Hello all. when i move a window or application in some spot of the desktop and i close it, when i open it again the folder goes to the last position used. And i just want open any folder or program and the program opens centred in the screen, not in last place where i left. i searched alot and i dont find the solution...

Also i'm interested to know how to open all system folders and apps in full screen mode... this stuff should be default as windows default options...

:)

honmaru, Feb 7, 2016

2. Internet Explorer won't open in full screen

Hi,

Close all Open IE windows.

Click on your IE launch icon, (taskbar quiklink or desktop link)...

Once opened press f11 to make IE go into full screen mode, (or the View>Full Screen menu)

then close IE to save the window position and size and state information....

ie remembers the position and size and state (minimized, normal, maximized or IE full screen) saved from the last time that the browser was closed.....

reopen IE from the quicklink or desktop launch icon.... it should open at your homepage in full screen mode....

to get a handle on how IE is saving position, size and state information, in the newly opened IE window turn off full screen mode, then resize/reposition the IE window and then close IE..... when you reopen IE it will be in the positon, size and state that
    it was in when it was last closed. Re-open/reposition and close a number of IE windows at the same time... it is always the position, size and state information of the LAST IE window that was closed that is used to open the next new IE window.

!important...... if you have multiple IE windows opened... it is only the position, size and state information of the last IE window that was closed that is used to position a new IE window when it is opened.

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Feb 7, 2016
  3. BenX2120 Win User
    How to make permanent positioning of open Window on Windows 10.

Original Title: Window Positioning

In my old Windows 7 environment, I always had three windows open on my desktop (Outlook, Internet Explorer and Word) in such a way that the whole screen was full, but each program had its own, non-overlapping window. So, Outlook occupied the leftmost
    side of the screen while Explorer occupied the rest of the screen and Word occupied the same space as Explorer. After I turned off my machine and then turned it back on, these screens would reopen in the exact same location they were in when the machine was
    turned off. This no longer happens -- in Windows 10, the window for a program which was previously on the screen doesn't open up in the same location but, rather, opens up in some random position. The problem is particularly bad with Microsoft Edge. This
    is turning into a huge waste of time How can I get my computer to bring this basic skill back?.

BenX2120, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Turn off the reminder window positions and open folders in full screen

1. Turn off the reminder window positions and open folders in full screen - Similar Threads - Turn off reminder

2. Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning on and off in certain positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning on and off in certain positions: Hello so my Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning off and on in certain positions, I believe its something to do with the HDMI in the headset since I have already try multiple Microsoft and other sites to try to fix it, none of the have worked. The Windows mixed...
  3. Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning on and off in certain positions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning on and off in certain positions: Hello so my Windows mixed reality headset screen keeps turning off and on in certain positions, I believe its something to do with the HDMI in the headset since I have already try multiple Microsoft and other sites to try to fix it, none of the have worked. The Windows mixed...
  4. HDR turns off in full screen games

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR turns off in full screen games: Whenever I try to play a game in full screen my HDR will turn off even though it used to run perfectly fine in full screen with HDR. I have the predator 4K monitor 3840 x 2160 120 hz refresh rate system specs AMD Ryzen 9 5950X AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT I am really not sure how to...
  5. How to turn off or change Windows 10 Calendar Reminders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off or change Windows 10 Calendar Reminders: I'm using Windows 10 Calendar app to show my G-Suite calendar. When I create a new calendar event it defaults to a 15 minute reminder. I'd like it to default to no reminder. Is it possible to do that? I am not using Outlook, thought I do have Office 365 account....
  6. how to turn off reminders when an app starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off reminders when an app starts: how to turn off reminders when an app starts Whenever I start a frequently used program (Adobe Audition) a series of reminder tabs appears as if I were playing a game - ssave the game, take a screen shot etc. How do I stop these reminders??? I am NOT playing a game. thanks,...
  7. Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode: I have "Use Start full screen" "Off" and it still goes to full screen in tablet mode with minimize, maximize icons missing and no sizing handles. 116684
  8. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  9. Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Use Start Full Screen in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can change the size of Start for their account to be a Start menu or full screen Start. Starting with full screen Start. When...
  10. Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminders and VoIP calls in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Lock Screen Reminder and VoIP calls Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks...