Windows 10: Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Discus and support Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by red197, Dec 14, 2015.

1. red197 Win User

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

Hi,

I have the problem that anytime I touch the screen with my pen (which is what I use instead of a mouse, being an illustrator) the touch keyboard pops up, even though I have a (bluetooth) keyboard attached. I'd like to get rid of this behavior, HOWEVER, it's mandatory that I have either the touch keyboard or a screen keyboard when i start my tablet in order to be able to sign in to my account. at that point the system does not recognize an external keyboard. Can anyone tell me how to accomplished this: the steps to disable the annoying popup touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available at startup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

red197, Dec 14, 2015

2. How to keep the physical keyboard working when I flip the screen?

"I've turned off touch screen, the keyboard" I turned off the touch screen keyboard, not the physical one.

alexgarcia4, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Numlock gets always locked after my Windows 10 Notebook boots from a shut-down condition

There have been reports that if Fast Startup is enabled the keyboard is not recognised when the computer is booted but is when it is restarted. Turn off Fast Startup and see if the keyboard problem is solved.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup

1. Turn off touch keyboard BUT have a keyboard available on startup - Similar Threads - Turn off touch

2. Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup: For a while now, not completely sure if it has been since I got a drawing tablet, every time I am prompted to enter my pin to login to my PC, the touch keyboard appears.This is annoying.I hardly use my tablet now and it is always disconnected from the PC but I still have this...
  3. Keyboard turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard turns off: I have a problem. I have a USB Keyboard. I was playing and then my keyboard and mouse turned off. I restarted my pc and now only my mouse is working. After restarting my keyboard leds go on and turn off 2 seconds later. I switched usb ports and restarted my pc 100 times ,...
  4. How do I turn off the touch keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the touch keyboard?: How do I turn off the touch keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-turn-off-the-touch-keyboard/710d98a6-406c-42e9-b68c-4c7550b0a0d8
  5. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  6. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  7. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....
  8. Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external...
  9. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for...