Windows 10: Turn off WiFi adapter

Discus and support Turn off WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"? Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them? 90594 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkWW, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MarkWW Win User

Turn off WiFi adapter

Is WiFi antenna turned off if I disable WiFi adapter in "Adapter settings"?
    Why Airplane mode only disconnect WiFi from network, not disable them?

:)

MarkWW, Aug 4, 2017
  2. Lee Van B Win User

"We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC" - internet works with ethernet cable, but not wifi.

Some time on August 31 WiFi was turned off; probably by an update. I took your advice and found that WiFi had been turned off in the network adapter setting. I turned it on and restarted and the WiFi is working again.

Thanks for your help.

Lee Van B, Aug 4, 2017
  3. DaniAz Win User
    Wi-FI adapter disables on sleep

When i turn my pc to sleep it disables the wifi adapter connection.

I have tried unchecking the "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power" but it still disables the wifi adapter on sleep.

DaniAz, Aug 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Turn off WiFi adapter

Yes. The antenna connects directly to the Wireless adapter, disabling turns it off. Most Notebooks have a switch mechanism to turn the adapter off, a physical switch or an Fn plus Fx combination or just an Fx key itself.

Airplane mode is intended for temporary use when traveling by air to comply with FAA or Airline rules and make it easier to get back to Wi-Fi. Simply put Wi-Fi is a 2-way radio and as such can interfere with an airplane's instrumentation, in extreme cases lead to a crash.

Berton, Aug 4, 2017
Thema:

Turn off WiFi adapter

1. Turn off WiFi adapter - Similar Threads - Turn off WiFi

2. the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...: So, for some reason, the Network Adapter isn't showing it doesn't show up in on Settings, Device Manager, Control Panel, everything, I just can't find it anywhere + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluetooth are gone when you click quick settings, it doesn't show any of...
  3. the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the Network Adapter isn't showing + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluethooth are...: So, for some reason, the Network Adapter isn't showing it doesn't show up in on Settings, Device Manager, Control Panel, everything, I just can't find it anywhere + the WIFI is turned off + the WIFI and Bluetooth are gone when you click quick settings, it doesn't show any of...
  4. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  5. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  6. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off

WiFi Adapter Keeps Turning Off: The WiFi adapter Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN on my Dell Latitude E6430 Windows 10 64-bit refuses to stay on. I click the Network icon in my taskbar, my Wi-Fi says "turned off," so I click the button to turn it on, and a few seconds later, it automatically turns off...
  8. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: This problem "since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from...
  9. Wifi adapter turned off

Wifi adapter turned off: since about two months after an update for my windows 10 system; the wifi adapter now go off when the internet cable is connected and it does not go on again unless i disconnected the internet cable. I dont know what to do to activate the mobile hotspot from my device. I...
  10. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...