Windows 10: Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off

Discus and support Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After my tablet had been updated by the Creator update it ceased to be visible on my laptop in File Explorer under Network. I checked under "Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by curt jugg, Jul 15, 2017.

1. curt jugg Win User

Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off

After my tablet had been updated by the Creator update it ceased to be visible on my laptop in File Explorer under Network. I checked under "Advanced sharing settings" that Network Discovery was turned on, and it was, but I subsequently found that "Make this PC discoverable" was set to "off". When I turned that on, the tablet became visible again. I would have thought that turning on Network Discovery and making the PC discoverable would have been the same thing, but in that case how could one be on and the other off? I'm probably missing something very obvious here but I'd be grateful for any explanation. Thanks.

:)

curt jugg, Jul 15, 2017
  2. Martmcd Win User

Network & Internet

go to settings -> network & internet -> status

click on 'Change connection properties'

turning off 'make this pc discoverable' will set the network to public

turning on 'make this pc discoverable' will set the network to private

Martmcd, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Not founding a computer in a private network

Hi!

All 5 computers in the private network zone, and network discovery turned on in advanced sharing option for all 5. Wireless (Wi-Fi) has an option in settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi to make this PC discoverable. Share that printer.

If you are wireless post back. "I'm wireless".

Teddy2016, Jul 15, 2017
Thema:

Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off

1. Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off - Similar Threads - Turn Network Discovery

2. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  3. Network Discovery is turned off...

Network Discovery is turned off...: One of my mini PC's a Beelink U55 kept getting this error msg stating that the network discovery is turned off, and I would lose connection to my NAS. However when checking network discovery in Advanced sharing settings, it was still turned on. I had researched several...
  4. network discovery is turned off.

network discovery is turned off.: I have the message "network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visable. Please turn on network discovery in Network and sharing Centre". How do I do this?...
  5. network discovery turned off message

in Windows 10 Customization
    network discovery turned off message: Why would I turn ON network discovery? I am sole user of this computer, connected to nothing except a mouse and a printer...no other computer. Surely the smart tv is not included in network discovery settings? The message suddenly popped up a moment ago so would be pleased...
  6. Message received: network discovery turned off

Message received: network discovery turned off: I am the sole user of a single pc, not connected to other pcs. Connected to printer and smart Tv. My pc turned itself on during the night, displayed this message: "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change in Network...
  7. Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When connected in the same network as other devices, you can share the files and settings of your Windows 10 computer with the other connected […] This article Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Network Discovery turning off

Network Discovery turning off: I am a Windows Admin and there is a user who is using a Dell 5530 Laptop running Win10 Pro 10.0.17763. She has access to domain network shared files. When she has the shared files open and the computer locks up, after a length of time and unlocks the computer, the files are...
  9. Make computer not discoverable on network ?

Make computer not discoverable on network ?: I just connected to a network, and when prompted if I want other computers to be able to find this one, I clicked 'yes' by mistake. How can I change that to 'no' ? 22664
  10. Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 By default, the first time you connect to a new network (wired or wireless), you will be prompted "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make device discoverable windows 10

2. windows 10 discoverable bluetooth

3. make stereo receiver discoverable