Windows 10: Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by rseiler, Jul 9, 2016.

1. rseiler Win User

Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

How to: Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385, you can turn on or off to have your PC discoverable for projection only when it is plugged in.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Projecting to this PC only when plugged in for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Projecting to this PC on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on or off (default) This PC can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note This setting will be grayed out unless you turn on projecting to this PC first.

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In using a REG file
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MiracastReceiver

EnabledOnACOnly DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (first time) or step 3 (every time) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In
    A) If you haven't already, you will first need to turn on projecting to this PC.

B) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

ON-Project_to_this_PC_only_when_plugged_in.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

OFF-Project_to_this_PC_only_when_plugged_in.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

rseiler, Jul 9, 2016

2. USB disk spin down

I want my USB disk to spin down when I turn the PC off.

This USB disk is used only for backup (Windows 10 file history), and plugging it in or unplugging it often was annoying, so I decided to try leaving it plugged in. Having it spin up while the PC in on is OK, and I understand that some services like antimalware
    or defrag might cause this, but I don't like it running when the PC is off. This causes it to get warm and it make some noise. If I eject the disk before turning the PC off, it won't work for backup until I unplug/plug it again, so that is no gain in convenience.

Tom Ligon(2), Jul 9, 2016
  3. OvyOvy Win User
    Hdmi Problem

I need help to hdmi cable.I made updates to Windows 10 and I am expanding to project on screen I gave my desktop PC and turned off the TV and was featured black screen to screen PC I tried my cable goes out only when the cable is connected to the TV. what
    can I do?

OvyOvy, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10

1. Turn On/Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Projecting

2. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  3. Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will only turn on when plugged in, instantly turn off when unplugged, and will not...: I own an older 2018 Asus ROG Zephyrus GU502GV and suddenly very recently I have been experiencing the issue described in the title and I see it as extremely odd and very sudden. Initially I thought this must be some sort of display bug but it truly wont charge above 3% and...
  4. Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turned on automatically when plugged in and off when unplugged: Laptop just start misbehaving. It won't turn on except when plugged in, and it will off when unplugged despite displaying 94% at the battery bar....
  5. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR: Normally, the monitor will auto-project and change the display to fit with screen properties when I connect a monitor to my laptop and close the laptop lid.This time, I use a new S32A70 monitor and found the HDR toggle option in Display setting of Windows 10 version 21H2. I...
  6. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR: Normally, the monitor will auto-project and change the display to fit with screen properties when I connect a monitor to my laptop and close the laptop lid.This time, I use a new S32A70 monitor and found the HDR toggle option in Display setting of Windows 10 version 21H2. I...
  7. Cannot project to monitor when turned off HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC turns off when only playing SMITE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off when only playing SMITE: I have played SMITE for almost a year on my computer and was able to play on max settings for extended periods of time with no issues. Recently I have run into a problem where my entire PC powers off suddenly with no warning while ONLY playing SMITE. I have double checked...
  9. Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require PIN for Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require PIN for Pairing when Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows...
  10. Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC in Windows 10 The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this pc can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in

2. To Turn On or Off Projecting to this PC Only when Plugged In using a REG file

3. projet to this pc when plugged in turn off reg file

4. THis PC can only be discovered for projection when its plugged in