Windows 10: Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10

How to: Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17093, Windows enables users to start pairing and connecting supported devices in a single click. When these devices are ready to pair and detected to be in range, Windows shows a notification to the user allowing them to quickly and conveniently start the pairing process. Microsoft wants to thank the Surface Accessories team for partnering closely with them and having the first device available on the market supporting this new experience, the Surface Precision Mouse. We are working with many other partners to grow the list of supported devices, and a number of them are on the way. To learn more, check out Microsoft's blog post here.

The steps for a user to use and benefit from this feature are:
    1. Put the Bluetooth peripheral in pairing mode
    2. If the peripheral is close by, Windows will show a notification to the user
    3. Selecting “Connect” starts pairing
    4. When the peripheral is no longer in pairing mode or is no longer nearby, Windows will remove the notification from the Action Center
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off streamlined pairing to connect to certain Bluetooth devices quickly for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Notification for Streamlined Pairing and Connecting to Bluetooth Device

Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10 [​IMG]

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Bluetooth & other devices on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Connect to certain Bluetooth devices quickly for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Bluetooth

QuickPair DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Connect_to_certain_Bluetooth_devices_quickly.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Connect_to_certain_Bluetooth_devices_quickly.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tab on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 12, 2018

2. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Oct 27, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, Oct 27, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Pairing cordless bluetooth headphones with my windows 10

Hi,

Misconfiguration with your Windows settings could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows 10. For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition to Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth headphones?
    • What error message and error code are you getting when you are trying to pair your Bluetooth headphones with the computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided in this link. This serves as a guide on how to connect
    a Bluetooth device to a Windows running PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mithin_EJ Win User
    iPhone to pc Bluetooth

Hi DianeFrigon,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you getting any error message?
    2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    3. Did you try paring Android mobile to PC?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone which you link to pair on Windows PC.

Note: Turn on Bluetooth on iPhone, tap settings, tap Bluetooth, and then turn on Bluetooth.

1. Open settings on Windows 10 PC
    2. Select Devices and select Bluetooth
    3. Below Manage Bluetooth devices select, turn on the Bluetooth option.

4. Windows 10 will start searching for Bluetooth devices, in few seconds, your IPhone name will appear in manage Bluetooth devices sections.
    5. Click on pair button
    6. It will prompt for the passcode on Windows 10 PC
    7. Check whether passcode is appearing on your IPhone
    8. Click Yes button on your PC, and then tap pair option on your IPhone to pair with Windows 10 PC via Bluetooth.

Hope it helps

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On/Off Streamlined Pairing to Bluetooth Peripherals in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Streamlined

2. Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device: Hi! I have a laptop with Windows 11, and I was wondering if there is a way to turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device. I don't want to turn off swift pair altogether since I still want my headphones and other Bluetooth devices to connect to my laptop...
  3. Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- Turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device: Hi! I have a laptop with Windows 11, and I was wondering if there is a way to turn off swift pair for a specific Bluetooth device. I don't want to turn off swift pair altogether since I still want my headphones and other Bluetooth devices to connect to my laptop...
  4. windows 10 bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 bluetooth pairing: it has been a month since I have this problem, the pc does not want to associate with any type of new device,I have tried everything, my wireless card is perfectly working on other PC,I have changed the wireless card slot on the motherboardI have completely reinstalled the...
  5. windows 10 bluetooth pairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 bluetooth pairing: it has been a month since I have this problem, the pc does not want to associate with any type of new device,I have tried everything, my wireless card is perfectly working on other PC,I have changed the wireless card slot on the motherboardI have completely reinstalled the...
  6. Bluetooth Will not Pair Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Will not Pair Windows 10: So it all started when I updated to the optional Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade. I thought it would be safer and make my PC experience more enjoyable. I was wrong! First, soon after the update my graphical drivers stopped working. The brightness was stuck at the lowest setting and...
  7. Bluetooth Pairing with Windows 10

Bluetooth Pairing with Windows 10: I am trying to pair my keyboard and mouse. I have not paired this mouse or keyboard to this machine before. When I try to 'Add A Device' the system shows me 2 'Unknown Devices'. Right clicking these devices shows nothing. If I turn on Pairing on the mouse and try to...
  8. Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10

Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 10: I purchased new wireless headphones and it shows up as a paired bluetooth device in settings but I cannot get it to work--what other steps do I need to take?...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on

Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on: Hi I have an ongoing intermittent issue with Windows 10 (up to date and feature 1803) and Bluetooth in which my Bluetooth will turn off / disappear when using my Dell Precision 7520 laptop so my Bluetooth mouse stops working. This happens once a month or so and after...
  10. Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other....