Windows 10: Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Ok...I'm doing something really wrong. I copied the key from one of your tuts, pasted it in the address bar and hit enter. It just beeped and put me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10

It's the proper key, but you have to remove the square brackets.

Edwin, Oct 8, 2016
  2. f14tomcat Win User

*Haha*Doh Thanks! Now I can put my sunglasses back on and grab my cane! *chuckle

f14tomcat, Oct 8, 2016
  3. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Edwin, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Sorry @Edwin as I posted earlier, it is not the proper key, it doesn't even exist,
    Unless... one creates it or merges a reg file*Wink

Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Sorry, I just assumed everyone had Brinks 'Personalization (Classic)'! *Wink
    My apologies.

Edwin, Oct 8, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Check the differences:

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Sometime back a few months ago, Shawn had to re-do that .reg because MS changed something and it no longer would work. This is from the tut, I just downloaded it again.....

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization] "Icon"="themecpl.dll" "MUIVerb"="Personalize (classic)" "Position"="Bottom" "SubCommands"="" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\001flyout] "MUIVerb"="Theme Settings" "ControlPanelName"="Microsoft.Personalization" "Icon"="themecpl.dll" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\001flyout\command] "DelegateExecute"="{06622D85-6856-4460-8DE1-A81921B41C4B}" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\002flyout] "Icon"="imageres.dll,-110" "MUIVerb"="Desktop Background" "CommandFlags"=dword:00000020 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\002flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl, @desktop" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\003flyout] "MUIVerb"="Change Text Size" "ControlPanelName"="Microsoft.Display" "Icon"="display.dll,-1" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\003flyout\command] @="explorer shell:::{C555438B-3C23-4769-A71F-B6D3D9B6053A}" "DelegateExecute"=- [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\004flyout] "Icon"="themecpl.dll" "MUIVerb"="Color and Appearance" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\004flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\005flyout] "Icon"="SndVol.exe,-101" "MUIVerb"="Sounds" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\005flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\006flyout] "Icon"="PhotoScreensaver.scr" "MUIVerb"="Screen Saver Settings" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\006flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\007flyout] "Icon"="desk.cpl" "MUIVerb"="Desktop Icon Settings" "CommandFlags"=dword:00000020 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\007flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\008flyout] "Icon"="main.cpl" "MUIVerb"="Mouse Pointers" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\008flyout\command] @="rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL main.cpl,,1" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\009flyout] "Icon"="taskbarcpl.dll,-1" "MUIVerb"="Notification Area Icons" "CommandFlags"=dword:00000020 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\009flyout\command] @="explorer shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\010flyout] "Icon"="taskbarcpl.dll,-1" "MUIVerb"="System Icons" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalization\shell\010flyout\command] @="explorer shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9} \\SystemIcons,,0"[/quote]

f14tomcat, Oct 8, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Now I merged it(it disappears after each build upgrade)
    It's there:

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Update:

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965, Microsoft has incorporated two new features:

1. You can now use CTRL + L to set focus to the address bar – while we already supported ALT + D, we recognize that some people prefer this keyboard shortcut instead, so now you have the option to use either one.

2. You can now use shorthand notation for HKEY names – you told us that when sharing registry paths you always use shorthand notation (HKCU) instead of typing out the full HKEY name (i.e. HKEY_CURRENT_USER), so we should support them in the address bar, and you know what? We agree! You can now just use “HKCR”, “HKCU”, “HKLM”, and “HKU” instead of typing or pasting the respective full name “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT”, “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”, “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”, or “HKEY_USERS” into the address bar.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Address Bar in Registry Editor in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Address

2. Windows registry editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows registry editor: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  3. Windows registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows registry editor: Hello everyone, I'm having a very annoying problem with my nvidia virtual memory/windows registry. I decided to try to increase my dedicated video memory so I went to my windows registry and selected the local h key machine, and then software, there was a Nvidia drop down, I...
  4. Windows Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Registry Editor: Hello Sir,I just accidently deleted a file named 'Policies' in my Windows Registry Editor'Policies' file is located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ExplorerPlzzz help...
  5. Windows Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Registry Editor: Hello Sir,I just accidently deleted a file named 'Policies' in my Windows Registry Editor'Policies' file is located under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ExplorerPlzzz help...
  6. Windows Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10: If you want to turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, here is how you can do that. While it is possible to disable Notifications for an App via Settings, you can do the same via Registry Editor in Windows 10. Apps often show notifications in the...
  8. Windows 10 Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have a problem, in Registry Editor I have modified target for exe files "%1"%* now I cannot open any exe file, i cannot run cmd nor registry editor what should I do to fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have created registry to personalise fonts style Given below but when i applied its says "You can only import binary registry files from within the resistry editor". what is the issue? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI...
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...