Windows 10: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 Airplane mode is a feature that gives you a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by RPerez007, Oct 19, 2015.

1. RPerez007 Win User

Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

Airplane mode is a feature that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it's especially useful when you're on an airplane. Wireless communication includes Wi-Fi, cellular (mobile broadband), Bluetooth, GPS or GNSS, near field communication (NFC), and all other types of wireless communication.

*note Even if your PC has a hardware switch for airplane mode, it is recommend to use the following steps instead. Some hardware switches might turn off your wireless connection in a way that lets certain apps turn the connection back on without telling you.

After you tap or click the toggle to turn Airplane mode on or off, it can take your PC a few seconds to turn each wireless device on or off. If you toggle Airplane mode on and off too quickly, or if you turn on Airplane mode and then put your PC to sleep before your PC can turn your wireless devices on or off, your wireless device settings might get out of sync with the Airplane mode setting.
    When airplane mode is turned on, you'll see an airplane icon
    Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    in the notification area of your desktop.

When airplane mode is turned on, you'll still be able to turn on or off your individual Bluetooth and wireless devices.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly turn on or off Airplane mode for all wireless communication on your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Settings
    • Option Four: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center
    1. Open Action Center (Win+A).

2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon
    1. Click/tap on the network icon in the taskbar notification area.

2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Airplane mode for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode using a REG file

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\RadioManagement\SystemRadioState

(Default) DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Airplane Mode
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_airplane_mode.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Airplane Mode
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_airplane_mode.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

RPerez007, Oct 19, 2015
  2. vigie Win User

airplane mode

Turning airplane mode, off also turn off wifi .

To get wifi to stay on, airplane mode must be on.

vigie, Oct 19, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Interesting. Thank you for sharing your results Perez. *Smile

Brink, Oct 19, 2015
  5. I tried all steps and avenues above to turn Airplane Mode OFF of my Dell PC (equipped with bluetooth/wifi), and Airplane Mode with Windows 10 is always on. Even when I try to click to slide it off, it still slides back to "on". I do not see the Airplane icon however, and also I don't notice any wifi connection issues with my computer as that's how I connect to the internet, so I guess I'll leave well enough alone. Just don't understand why it's always on and wont let me slide it to the off position.

susychpstk, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello susychpstk, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You might also check to see if you may have a key on the keyboard that toggles Airplane Mode on/off.

Brink, Oct 24, 2015
  7. smitty Win User
    hi,

is there a way to hide or remove this button from the action center?

smitty, Mar 26, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 26, 2016
  9. smitty Win User
    thats not a bad idea, i would have to increase the number of quick actions from 4 to more in the registry, but thats not bad.

thanks Brink

smitty, Mar 26, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. I hope it'll serve as a good workaround.

Brink, Mar 26, 2016
  11. andarot Win User
    Hi I have a Linx Windows 10 tablet - wh. has suddenly switched into Flight Mode.

In Settings, the Wifi section has disappeared, and none of the normally available wifi networks are visible or available anywhere on the tablet. Other devices see and connect to them fine. The Flight mode is registered as Off in Settings.

ANy ideas? {I vaguely remember a box coming up at some time recently about Windows Connect conflicting with something. Dunno if that's related]

Many thx if you can help

andarot, May 29, 2016
  12. andarot Win User
    No need to reply. Sorted.

andarot, May 29, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you clicked on the icon for flight mode (maybe twice) to attempt to reset it?

NavyLCDR, May 29, 2016
  14. smitty Win User
    care to share the solution?

smitty, May 30, 2016
  15. omidsolo Win User
    Also no registry address?

omidsolo, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Airplane

2. Cannot turn off airplane mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn off airplane mode in Windows 10: Cannot turn airplane mode off and have tried numerous ways https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-airplane-mode-in-windows-10/e99de4c2-9bcb-48a9-9e14-aaf556f2ef4b
  3. Cannot turn off airplane mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn off airplane mode in Windows 10: Cannot turn airplane mode off and have tried numerous ways https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-off-airplane-mode-in-windows-10/e99de4c2-9bcb-48a9-9e14-aaf556f2ef4b
  4. Cannot turn off airplane mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Airplane mode keeps turning on and off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Airplane mode keeps turning on and off in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 Airplane mode constantly keeps turning itself on and off, then this post will help you fix the problem. It can happen […] This article Airplane mode keeps turning on and off in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Turning off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

Turning off Airplane Mode in Windows 10: I installed an update from Microsoft for Windows 10, once it installed it for whatever reason turned on airplane mode! Now that in & of it's self may not be a bad thing, but it is when it's on a DESKTOP COMPUTER!! I've googled, Binged, MSN, you name it, trying to get help on...
  7. turn airplane mode off

turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  8. windows 10 can't turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 can't turn off airplane mode: i have tried everything... can't get out of airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-turn-off-airplane-mode/83ca2b52-9e98-44dc-9c33-928b3eb9707c
  9. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  10. Turning off Airplane Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tai file turn_off_airplane_mode.reg