Windows 10: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 If your Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, there is a new option in Pen & Windows Ink Settings that allows your pen to behave like a mouse instead of scrolling or panning the screen.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off allowing your pen to act as a mouse in legacy apps instead of scrolling or panning the screen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Allow my pen to act as mouse in legacy applications for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen

PenInteractionModel DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Allow_pen_to_act_as_mouse_in_legacy_applications.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 4, 2017
  2. Try3 Win User

Can't get my tablet stylus to work as a mouse

Does the tutorial on this subject help?

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse - TenForums

Perhaps the stylus itself has a driver that ought to be reinstalled?

Denis

3. btarunr Win User
    Genius Redesigns the Pen Mouse

Genius, after receiving great reception for its Pen Mouse from consumers, has introduced the carbon grey Pen Mouse with a redesigned shape for improved grip and pen clip for portability. Using 2.4 Ghz wireless technology, Genius' Pen Mouse, shaped like a fountain pen, allows users to sit back in their chair and use their leg, palm, or any number of unconventional surfaces, as a mouse pad. Even while standing or giving presentations users can use Pen Mouse to control their PC.

Not just a convenient mousing option, Pen Mouse also helps those with wrist problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome as it prevents aggravating injuries unlike regular mice as it does not require use of the wrist.

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 279a_thm.jpg

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 279b_thm.jpg

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 279c_thm.jpg

This mouse functions on almost any surface, including your palm, with its three dpi settings, switchable between 400/800/1200 dpi to accommodate various sensitivity preferences. A slight, downward push activates the left-click, while right-click and flying-scroll buttons, towards the tip of the Pen Mouse, give users a brand new mousing experience that is both comfortable and accurate. Pushing the flying-scroll button and vertically or horizontally moving the Pen Mouse produces fast and convenient scrolling.

The wireless Pen Mouse connects to desktops and notebooks via USB with a very small, Pico dongle. Powered by a single AAA battery, Genius' Pen Mouse enters a power-saving sleep-mode when not in use. To start mousing again, simply press any button. Also, provided is a carrying case that protects the Pen Mouse and dongle when traveling.

The Pen Mouse in new carbon grey or silver color options is now available in the US for the suggested retail price of $49.99. More product information available here.

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2019
  5. grimdbu Win User
    Touchscreen acts as mouse

If I enter the tablet mode on windows 10 shouldn't it behave like a tablet? I mean I can't scroll pages in web browsers like on a tablet or smartphone. When I tap on a text box the virtual keyboard doesn't show up it's acts only as a mouse. It doesn't recognize any swipe gesture or anything. I still have the cursor showing in tabled mode and I can only operate like a mouse
    In Device manager it's not detected as an touch or pen device is basically a mouse not a touchscreen.

grimdbu, Oct 27, 2019
  6. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Allow Pen to Act as a Mouse in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Allow

2. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  3. My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pen randomly turns off with the touchscreen turning off: I have a Microsoft Surface laptop 5 i7, 16gb ram, 512gb storage and a surface pen with no clip. Whenever I use the pen on one note or any application that allows me to draw the pen would just randomly stop working with the touchscreen turning off as well. This only happens...
  4. Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off

Windows 11 Pen & Windows Ink won't turn off: Hi all, I've disabled Pen & Windows Ink before using a register hack in Win 10. Then I upgraded to Win 11 and everything seemed fine until today. Somehow the feature has been re-enabled!? The handwriting thing keeps popping up in selectboxes. Also the blue drop icon is back....
  5. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  6. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP.When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good.When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much smaller...
  7. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

8. Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off a monitor acts like disconnecting it: I have two monitors, both connected on DP. When I turn off my secondary monitor, nothing happens. That's good. When I turn off my primary monitor, something happens: Windows acts as though it was disconnected, and moves all windows and desktop icons over to the much...
  9. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer: So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this? I can't use my...
  10. Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10: How to: Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 How to Turn On and Off Mouse Keys in Windows 10 [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. [img] Moving the pointer using Mouse Keys...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off mouse in pen