Windows 10: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by PatriciatheGrey, May 26, 2017.

1. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site.

If youre signed in to Chrome, you can use your passwords on different devices.

By default, Chrome offers to save your password. You can turn this option off or on at any time.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Google Chrome to offer to save your web passwords in Windows.

EXAMPLE: "Do you want Google Chrome to save your password for this site" prompt

Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also enter chrome://settings/passwords into the address bar and press Enter to directly open Passwords.

3. Click/tap on the Passwords link under People. (see screenshot below)

4. Turn on (default) or off Offer to save passwords for what you want. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the Settings tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

PatriciatheGrey, May 26, 2017

2. Google Chrome and Windows 10

thanks for your assistance...

I am being offered saving my password

This occurs on the web browser google chrome - I haven't tried other browsers (don't know how)

The problem seem to have something to do with cookies..."this page was prevented from setting cookies"

note: I did go to Microsoft Edge and turned off "offer to save passwords" pre your instruction

LarryZirbel, May 26, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    IE 11 / Edge.

To uninstall Google Chrome go to Programs and Features, it should be listed there.

Not sure what you mean by "the password program" in IE. If you enter a password while using Edge it will ask if you want to save it. Is that what you mean.

neilpzz, May 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

Hello Patricia, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It may be the 3rd party password locker causing this.

If you like as a test, temporarily disable it to see if the Offer to save your web passwords setting may stick afterwards.

Brink, May 26, 2017
  5. Thanks but I tried that & had no effect. I turned off Dashlane, rebooted, did not restart Dashlane. No effect on Chrome. As soon as I close & re-open Chrome, it has reverted to having the box checked.

PatriciatheGrey, May 26, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

1. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Ask

2. How to turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords: How can I turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords. This is a real inconvenience. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-security-asking-me-for-a/a523df28-aabf-4ee8-9321-d8b9d4b3fd63
  3. How to turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords: How can I turn off Windows security asking me for a password to see my Google Chrome passwords. This is a real inconvenience. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-windows-security-asking-me-for-a/a523df28-aabf-4ee8-9321-d8b9d4b3fd63
  4. Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Wiindows log-on password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi,Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. My other computers do not have this issue.CheersWasyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-wiindows-log-on-password-to/71e7776f-f2a4-482c-b85c-dfd16cc3c215
  5. Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome ask for windows 10 password to view chrome passwords.: and please don't tell me to use chrome://flags because DISABLE PASSWORD MANANGER RE-AUTHENTICATION IS NOT one of the flag options, it is not THERE!! AND please do not give me Pamela Crane's answer "Then I disabled the password and now Google does not require me to put one...
  6. Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome asks for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: It is 100% the same topic and the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-ask-for-windows-10-password-to-view/4a79577b-1f92-42e3-95f1-b1b5bac0da6e The problem is though: #1 Google or the Google members don't respond to Google...
  7. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  8. Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.: Hi All, Has anyone had this issue? Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords. I uninstalled Chrome on my PC then installed it again and have the same issue. My other computers do not have this issue. I'm starting to believe that this is...
  9. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...