Windows 10: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip before Closing Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch, or mouse and save, paste or share with other apps.

When you close the Snip & Sketch app, you will be asked to save your snip (if not already) before closing by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off being asked to save your snip before closing the Snip & Sketch app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Are you sure you want to continue? All unsaved changes will be lost." message to save snip before closing Snip & Sketch app

Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Snip & Sketch app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button at the top right, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn on (default) or off Save snips for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Snip & Sketch app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 16, 2018

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 27, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
  6. snip and sketch

I downloaded Snip and Sketch OK. My intent is to draw/sketch on a map so I can show my readers the hiking trail I took. However, I cannot do the following:

I want to bring up Google Earth. I then want to draw/sketch a hiking trail that I took. I want to use Snip and Sketch to draw on the Google Earth screen, and once I am done I will save this screen. Can I do this in this sequence, or do i first need to do
    a Google Earth screen print - and then bring up Snip and Sketch?

Below it asks for a "Windows Topic." To get by this question I selected "Ink and Sketch."

Thank you.

OutdoorSteve, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Ask to Save Snip in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Ask

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  6. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...
  7. Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Snip & Sketch app Settings in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen, touch,...
  8. Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...
  9. Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snip Outline in Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other images with your pen,...
  10. Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10: How to: Take a Screen Snip with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Take a Screen Snip (Screenshot) with Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17661, a new Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do raw images open in snip and sketch on my pc