Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your devices, enhances them to make great photos even better, and organizes them into beautiful albums for you.

The Photos app automatically enhances your photos by default with improvements to lighting, color, contrast, red-eye, straightening, and more. This is all supposed to make your photos look better, but you may not agree and want to turn off this feature.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file, and only appear on photos that can be improved. Turning this off removes all automatic enhancements.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off automatic enhancements of photos in the Photos app for your account in Windows 10.

Warning This setting is no longer available in the Photos app in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Photos app from the Start menu *Start.
    2. Click/tap on the See more button
    , and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Under the Viewing and editing settings, turn on (default) or off Automatically enhance my photos for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 Photo App Enhance

Hello Jana,

To turn off the auto-enhance feature of the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start and type Photos then hit
      Enter
    • On the lower left side panel, click Settings.
    • Under Automatically enhance my photos, just move the slider to
      Off.

Hope this helps.

Devlin Sco, Oct 26, 2019
  3. JudithHH Win User
    Auto-Enhance Photos

Yes, I have used Windows 10 since it became available.

I updated it this morning and restarted my computer. The Auto-Enhance feature still doesn't appear in the Photos app, not even in Settings.

I haven't made any changes to my computer.

There used to be an Auto-Enhance icon in the Photos toolbar when I called up a photo. All photos would be automatically enhanced and I would have to click on the icon if I wanted to un-enhance them.

Now, in order to enhance them, I have to click on Edit and enhance each photo manually.

The previous app was much better and easier to use.

I have read all the articles I could find about the Photos app. The Microsoft website hasn't been updated if you have removed the Settings option to turn Auto Enhance Off/On. It isn't there any more.

Please help me fix this.

Judith

JudithHH, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

Auto-Enhance Photos

Hi Judith,

Regarding your concern about Auto-Enhance photos feature on Windows 10. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried using it with Windows 10?
    • Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you also tried updating your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried checking the
      article
      about enhance or edit photos?

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

Hi,

I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance
    your photos'' in the settings under Viewing and editing, but I do not have that option, as you can see in the screenshot I've attached below. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: I might all add that once opening the RAW photos in the Photos app and after they are auto enhanced they also appear auto enhanced in other image viewing apps, which is completely ludicrous. Only app that displays the images correctly is QuickLook
    preview.

Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 c078d6d3-b2b6-4ed7-924f-0fef3237b0ca?upload=true.png

Rolands Zilvinskis, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Amit_Sun Win User
    Auto-Enhancing preview in the Photos app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The option to turn off Automatically enhance my photos when they can be improved has been removed from the latest version of Photos app since photo enhancement are automatically set to disable. However if you are
    using older version of Photo app you can try the method below to make the changes.

Method: Disable automatic enhancement.

1. Open
    Photo app.

2. Click on
    Settings.

3. Under the
    Viewing and editing tab.

4. Turn off
    Automatically enhance my photos when they can be improved.

If you are on new build of Photos app and you want this feature, I understand there may be other users who also want this feature to be implemented. I suggest you to

send you valuable feedback to Microsoft through Feedback Hub app
    , this will help you improve Windows for you.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application: Hello everyone,I would like to know if there's any way to turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in the photo application on Windows 11 Pro.It shows it correctly in the thumbnail:It's great that the Photo app now opens CR2 files, but this is completely unusable like this, so...
  3. turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application: Hello everyone,I would like to know if there's any way to turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in the photo application on Windows 11 Pro.It shows it correctly in the thumbnail:It's great that the Photo app now opens CR2 files, but this is completely unusable like this, so...
  4. Auto enhancment of photos

Auto enhancment of photos: So if I want to look at photos on my Windows 11 they are automaticlly adjusted to be brighter or darker then original. How can i stop that? Thabks for replies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-enhancment-of-photos/55aef43d-e195-4906-96d9-04d3232dc290
  5. Auto Enhance feature of Photos app

Auto Enhance feature of Photos app: How to disable it? If there is a way? Maybe by hacking the registry or hack the App it'self. It was possible before, now the option to turn it off is completely gone. Why? I use Photos app to preview my RAW files before editing in Lightroom. It is frustrating and...
  6. Windows Photo App now Auto-enhancing?

Windows Photo App now Auto-enhancing?: When I go to look at my photos, it shows me the photo for about 3 seconds and then auto-enhances it. This is only happening with CR3 files. It is fine with CR2. The function to turn off the auto-enhance has disappeared. Not that I ever used it but apparently it used to be...
  7. Auto enhance missing in Photos app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto enhance missing in Photos app: Ever since the latest update on my PC, the Photos app is not working correctly. The auto enhance feature is completely missing. I am able to adjust my photos manually, but I really enjoyed the Auto feature that used to be available. Please help!!...
  8. Photo App Auto Enhance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App Auto Enhance: I would like to disable the auto enhance feature of the photos app. I understand in a previous version, one was able to turn it off in the photos application settings under viewing and editing but now the option is no more. A normal unedited version of the photo will show...
  9. Disable auto enhance in Photos app

Disable auto enhance in Photos app: Hi, I'm having some problems with the Photos app as it automatically enhances my RAW photos, which is kind of ridiculous without actually giving me the option to disable it or not. I've searched online and people suggest to simply disable ''Automatically enhance your...
  10. Auto-Enhancing preview in the Photos app

Auto-Enhancing preview in the Photos app: Whenever I view my photos individually in the photos app, after about 4 seconds the white balance and exposure is automatically adjusted. The change isn't saved, it's just a preview of what it could look like if I let the app adjust the photo for me with the auto-editing...