Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

Whenever you delete or move an open message in the Mail app, the next message will automatically open by default.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off auto-open the next item in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Auto-open next item turned on and off

Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left, and click/tap on Reading pane in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

3. In the Reading pane flyout under Auto-open, turn on (default) or off Auto-open next item for when you want. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 12, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 mail app - how to disable auto capitalization

Hello,

We understand that you would like to turn off auto capitalize in Mail app.

I would like to let you know that Mail app is designed to work in this way. However, you can provide your feedback on this issue to help us make changes in the future.

You can provide feedback by following these steps:

1. Open Mail app and click on settings.

2. Open Feedback to post your suggestions.

Hope this will help you. Post us back if you need assistance with Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mail app auto correction feature does not turn off on Mail app.

How do I turn off auto-correct in Windows 10 mail app? Turning off auto-correct in Settings>Devices>Typing does NOT turn off auto-correct in mail app.

Original title: Mail app autocorrect off

Martin_Sena, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Auto-open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Turn OFF Auto Archive Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn OFF Auto Archive Windows 10 Mail: Suddenly, all of my downloaded email disappeared from my inbox from 1/12/21 and prior. Today, again, the mail from 1/14 is gone. HOW DO I MAKE THIS STOP?? My husband' account is fine on the same mail server Comcast. There are no archive settings I can find and can't get...
  3. I turned off ? Recently opened items

in Windows 10 Support
    I turned off ? Recently opened items: I turned off show recently opened items in jump lists on start or the taskbar, and it works ? Someone please help me 121728
  4. Turn off Windows 10 Mail app Auto-Formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Windows 10 Mail app Auto-Formatting: I just updated my new Surface Pro and now the mail app keeps auto-formatting my emails. For example, when I try to type a list it automatically indents and treats it like a bullet point. that is not what I want to have happen every time, how can I turn this off?...
  5. Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Open Next Item in Windows 10 Mail: I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to...
  6. Auto Open Next Item in Portrait Mode

in Browsers and Email
    Auto Open Next Item in Portrait Mode: I have an 8" Windows tablet made by Dell. A while ago, Microsoft added the ability to open the next email item after deleting an email. Now it no longer works in portrait mode. Also, there is no delete button at the top, only archive. I have to click on the three dots to see...
  7. Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mail app Notification Banner and Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch...
  8. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  9. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Enhance in Photos app in Windows 10 [img] Information The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all your...