Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode How to Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes while in Kiosk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by zolotoy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. zolotoy Win User

Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode

How to: Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode

How to Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes while in Kiosk Mode

You can use the standard user account on a PC so that it only has access to a single Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app you select.

When you set up and account with the assigned access feature, the user does not have access to the desktop, Start Menu, or any other part of the PC. The account can only access and use the selected UWP app.

*note To exit assigned access, press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1809, Microsoft introduced a simplified assigned access configuration experience in Settings that allows device administrators to easily set up a PC as a kiosk or digital sign. A wizard experience walks you through kiosk setup including creating a kiosk account that will automatically sign in when a device starts.

For more information about assigned access, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to not show an error and automatically restart when the device crashes while in kiosk mode in Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change advance kiosk settings.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart" in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart" using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart" in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on Assigned access under Set up a kiosk on the right side. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode [​IMG]

3. Check (on - default) or uncheck When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode [​IMG]

4. Close Settings.

5. Restart computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart" using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

DisplayDisabled DWORD

0 = On
    1 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart"
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_don't_show_error_and_auto_restart_when_kiosk_crashes.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Kiosk "When the device crashes, don't show an error, and automatically restart"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_don't_show_error_and_auto_restart_when_kiosk_crashes.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

zolotoy, Nov 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 - 1803 - Kiosk mode - UWP application

I'm currently facing an issue with dev of kiosk mode application in windows 10.

After sleep, the application crash.

Our current setup :

-Windows 10 – 1803, last update

-Hardware : replicable on any devices

-User in kiosk mode with Set-AssginedAccess without password

-Sleep mode on button pressed.

Example with very simple project ( without any code behind ) :

• User logged with kiosk app
    • Press button to turn sleep mode on
    • Press again button to turn sleep mode off
    • Kiosk application crash and restart, with blue screen in between.

camillemuller2, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

We would just like to clarify some information.

• How many apps do you plan on running on the said mode?
    This maybe an option that suits your purpose. Kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

For more information, you might want to check this article out about:
    Configure kiosk and shared devices running Windows desktop editions

Regards.

Jonas Flo, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

Thanks, I followed the instructions, I did all the steps and when I launch Kiosk mode, I only get a black screen.

Any idea what happened? How do I get out of Kiosk mode?

Anderson_Garcia, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode > Auto Load Browser on boot

HI All,

Is there a way to get Win 10, in Kiosk mode to upon auto login and open a web bower?

I have already consulted the google oracle.

AaronW (Aaron.Wiggan), Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Auto Restart when Windows 10 Crashes in Kiosk Mode - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on: This is my viewer event log.Faulting application name: LiveCaptions.exe, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0x7d88ba9cFaulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61eFaulting...
  3. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hi,we setup a kiosk profile with Intune. On an English OS Windows 10 everything works as expected. The kiosk user is automatically signed-in. On a German OS the automatic sign-in does not work. We opened a case at the Intune support team ID#2212151420001148. They cloudn't...
  4. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hi,we setup a kiosk profile with Intune. On an English OS Windows 10 everything works as expected. The kiosk user is automatically signed-in. On a German OS the automatic sign-in does not work. We opened a case at the Intune support team ID#2212151420001148. They cloudn't...
  5. How to turn off kiosk mode or sign in to my account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off kiosk mode or sign in to my account?: I find a setting called kiosk mode and turn it on. and sadly I can not log in to my actual account from my desktop. how do I get rid of this? help!!...
  6. Restart when Turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart when Turning off: Hey y’all , idk nothing sadly about it but it’s happen to me a lot . I just press shutdown and it’s just restarting without saying anything. Now I only want to know why . My friend and I use the same settings and power option but it’s just for me and it’s Randomly which mean...
  7. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...
  8. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode: Hello We are trying to configure Windows 10 Kiosk Mode in a corporate environment. We would like it to be Domain joined and work as part of the domain using a service account in AD. We have already tried to configure this scenario and it hasn't worked for us so far. Can...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of your screen(s) in Windows. You can set to auto-hide...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...