Windows 10: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ArthurB, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ArthurB Win User

Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can select to automatically save screenshots you capture pressing the PrtScn, Alt+PrtScn, or Ctrl+PrtScn keys to OneDrive.

Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive FAQs:

What will happen when I save screenshots?

They'll still be saved to your Clipboard as before, so you can immediately paste (Ctrl+V) them. They'll also be saved to the "OneDrive/Pictures/Screenshots" folder on your PC and automatically uploaded to your online storage. You can get to the folder in File Explorer by opening OneDrive in the left folder pane.

How much does it cost to store files in OneDrive?

You get free storage with OneDrive and can buy more storage if you need it. Most people are surprised by how much they can fit in their free OneDrive storage. If you use a metered Internet connection, data rates will apply. See the next section for more info about minimizing your connection charges.

Will my screenshots upload right away?

Yes, if you're connected to the Internet. If you want to take screenshots that you don't want to upload immediately, you can temporarily turn off your network connection before you take screenshots and while you make any changes to them.

When I add screenshots to OneDrive, how can I get to them?

You can get to them by going to the OneDrive website from any device with a web browser that's connected to the Internet. You can also get to them by using the OneDrive folder or app on a device with an Internet connection. Get OneDrive apps.

Are there any screenshots I can't save to OneDrive?

Screenshots can't be more than 10 GB in size.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically save screenshots you capture to OneDrive for your account in Windows 10.

Note If you turn on automatically save screenshots you capture to OneDrive, then you will get a The screenshot was added to your OneDrive notification each time you take a screenshot.

EXAMPLE: Screenshots saved to OneDrive

Here's How:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area, click/tap on the menu (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Auto save tab, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) the Automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ArthurB, Jul 6, 2016

2. How do I get screenshot function back?

Right click OneDrive in the Notification area of the Taskbar

Click Settings

Click Auto Save tab

Uncheck - automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 6, 2016
  3. ManniAT1 Win User
    Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windwos 10 Mobile

Hi,

in earlier Version of Windows Phone (7.x, 8.x) I found my screenshots on OneDrive.

With Window 10 Mobile these pictures are not uploaded to OneDrive anymore.

Pictures are saved there - but I cant find Screenshots.

Did I miss a setting?

Manfred

ManniAT1, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Arthur, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Q1) I'm not aware of way to change it to save the screenshot as a .jpg instead of .png. If you like, you could open the .png in Paint (mspaint.exe) then save it as a .jpg. Of course this is not practical if you have too many to do.

Q2) Win+Prtscn would save to OneDrive instead of This PC if you used the setting in the tutorial below to set your pictures to automatically be saved to OneDrive.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Auto Save Screenshots to OneDrive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  3. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive: I can't find my screenshots anywhere. All of the threads I've read here suggest they're being saved to OneDrive, but that is not the case. My settings are set to store on PC and my OneDrive is empty. I have a screenshots folder but it remains empty. What can I do?...
  4. Screenshots not saving to PC or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto save screenshots to file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  6. Auto save screenshots to file

Auto save screenshots to file: When I take a screenshot, the screenshot is saved in clipboard when the option, 'Auto copy to clipboard' is turned on. However, if I want to save the image, I should save it manually every time I take screenshots. Plus, if I took the screenshot with the shortkey,...
  7. I can't screenshot now after I turned off the auto save screenshot feature for one drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't screenshot now after I turned off the auto save screenshot feature for one drive.: Hello, so I did a grave mistake of turning on the automatic screenshot save feature for one drive. Now, I turned it off because I want my screenshots to be saved on my local PC, but then, I can't seem to screenshot anymore.Is there a way for me to redirect the screenshot...
  8. I can't screenshot now after I turned off the auto save screenshot feature for one drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't screenshot now after I turned off the auto save screenshot feature for one drive.: Hello, so I did a grave mistake of turning on the automatic screenshot save feature for one drive. Now, I turned it off because I want my screenshots to be saved on my local PC, but then, I can't seem to screenshot anymore.Is there a way for me to redirect the screenshot...
  9. I can't screenshot now after I turned off the auto save screenshot feature for one drive.

10. Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos to OneDrive in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Auto Save Photos and Videos from Devices to OneDrive in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can automatically save photos and videos to OneDrive whenever you...