Windows 10: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

If you turn on sync across devices for your clipboard, Microsoft receives your clipboard data to sync across your devices that you are signed in to with the same clipboard history (Win+V) to sync.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off syncing plain text in the clipboard across devices for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Sync across devices clipboard (Win+V) text

Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices
    A) Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, and turn on Sync across devices on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If you are not already, you will need to first sign in with a Microsoft account or work account.

B) Select (dot) Automatically sync text that I copy or Never automatically sync text that I copy for what you want, and go to step 5.

*tip You can click/tap on the Get an app to sync clipboard items to your phone link to be able to send a link to download and install the SwiftKey Keyboard app on your Android phone.

4. To Turn Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on Clipboard on the left side, turn off Sync across devices on the right side, and go to step 5. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Clipboard

EnableCloudClipboard DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

CloudClipboardAutomaticUpload DWORD

0 = Never automatically sync
    1 = Automatically sync

1. Do step 2 (on - auto sync), step 3 (on - never auto sync), or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices and Automatically Sync
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_and_automatically_sync.reg

Download

3. To Turn On Clipboard Sync Across Devices and Never Automatically Sync
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_ON_Clipboard_sync_across_devices_and_never_automatically_sync.reg

Download

4. To Turn Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices
    *note This is the default setting.

Turn_OFF_Clipboard_sync_across_devices.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2017
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

When will the Sync Clipboard with PC and Android come to SwiftKey?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are using SwiftKey Beta keyboard on your Android phone and looking for the feature to sync the clipboard between the PC and Android phone.

Currently, the feature to sync the clipboard with Windows 10 and Android using SwiftKey keyboard is not available. However, you can sync the Windows 10 clipboard across your devices using the Microsoft account. Please refer the steps in the article

Clipboard in Windows 10

For more information on Windows 10 clipboard you can refer the article
    Get help with clipboard

To Backup & sync the words and phrases of your SwiftKey keyboard, you can sign in to the SwiftKey keyboard and enable the sync feature. Please refer the article

How to use SwiftKey Backup & Sync

If you face any issues with sync or using SwiftKey keyboard, I suggest you to get in touch with the

SwiftKey support team

However, we would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions, as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I would suggest you to post a feedback in Microsoft

Feedback Hub
    so that our developing team can review your suggestions and check if it can be included in the future updates

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

Clipboard sync across devices - not working

I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,.

I have the clipboard settings on both to:

Clipboard history: on

Sync across devices: on

Automatically Sync text that I copy: selected

I have restarted both machines, but when I copy to the clipboard on either they are not being synced to the other.

Clipboard history is working.

Any ideas?

Martin C Day, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Clipboard sync turns off automatic

Hi.

I have a problem with clipboard new feature sync, it automatically turns off after a restart or some time. I am syncing two windows 10 computers between PC and Laptop, PC works fine but surface laptop 2 is not. I have to manually every time turn on option "Sync
    across devices", then everything is working fine for some time.

Any solution?

Thanks

*****Moved from Surface*****

Goran Babarogic, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Syncing Clipboard in two PC

Hello MR-BHU,

You might double check using the tutorial below to make sure all your settings for Clipboard Sync Across Devices are set properly on both PCs.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 KB. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 4 MB.

Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Clipboard

2. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  3. the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the clipboard settings sync across devices don`t work: I tried to contact support customer service and they cant help me so they told me to post my problem here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-clipboard-settings-sync-across-devices-dont/231df13f-c7df-47ca-b5c9-d0536d83558c
  4. Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Windows 10 user can choose to copy images and text from one PC to another with a cloud-based clipboard. One can also pin the […] This article Enable or disable Clipboard Sync across devices in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Clipboard sync across devices - not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync across devices - not working: I have two Windows 10 laptops that have been confirmed via the settings "Your info" to be both logged in to the same Microsoft user account,. I have the clipboard settings on both to: Clipboard history: on Sync across devices: on Automatically Sync text that I copy:...
  6. Windows 10 Clipboard: Sync across other devices settings randomly turn off after i reboot

Windows 10 Clipboard: Sync across other devices settings randomly turn off after i reboot: I have 2 computers set to sync clipboard text with the settings set to on and I wake up the next day and turn on the computers and my text isn't sync'ing. I go to settings on both computers and the setting is turned off on one of the computers. It is not always the same...
  7. Clipboard sync turns off automatic

Clipboard sync turns off automatic: Hi. I have a problem with clipboard new feature sync, it automatically turns off after a restart or some time. I am syncing two windows 10 computers between PC and Laptop, PC works fine but surface laptop 2 is not. I have to manually every time turn on option "Sync across...
  8. Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clipboard Sync across devices: Encryption: I think, it should be possible to configure an end-to-end encryption for the "Sync across devices" of the clipboard! I think, that is required, at least as an option! Even it may make the first use a little more difficult. Without such an encryption there is too much...
  9. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn Sync On Windows 10