Windows 10: Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Listening Mode Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ThrashZone, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Cortana Listening Mode Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update build 15002, you can let Cortana listen for your voice commands when you press the Win+C keys.

For more information about Cortana, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Cortana voice listening mode Win+C keyboard shortcut for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut in Cortana Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut in Cortana Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Cortana icon.

2. Click/tap on Talk to Cortana on the left side, and turn On or Off (default) Let Cortana listen for my voice commands when I press the Windows logo key + C for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search

VoiceShortcut DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Cortana_Win+C_keyboard_shortcut.reg

Download

3. Turn Off Cortana Win+C Keyboard Shortcut
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Cortana_Win+C_keyboard_shortcut.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ThrashZone, Mar 12, 2017

2. Cortana keypressede listening

I don't know about the Windows key on its own, but according to this - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts (
    Windows 10 option )
    pressing the [Windows key} and [C] together should open Cortana in listening mode:

Windows logo key + C

Open Cortana in listening mode

Notes
    • This shortcut is turned off by default. To turn it on, open Cortana from the search box on the taskbar, then select Settings . Turn on the toggle under Let Cortana listen for my commands when I press the Windows logo key +
      C.
    • Cortana is available only in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere. If Cortana isn't available or is turned off, you can still use search.

Document claims to be updated in May 2017, so not sure what build it refers to though.

George222(2), Mar 12, 2017
  3. kevintw Win User
    "Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a bluetooth microphone

Here is a workaround, until Microsoft gets their act together.

MyCortana

Its a windows program that allows you to use a different wake word other than "hey cortana". It works by listening for the custom wake words and then sending the Cortana keyboard shortcut ("windows key + c") to cause Cortana to start listening. So make
    sure in Cortana settings that the keyboard shortcut is enabled. The program isn't perfect- I had instances of it waking due to conversation in the room, but works well otherwise.

kevintw, Mar 12, 2017
  4. elbmek Win User

Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10

I have just had my pc reborn. Cortana is alive but unwelcome. I am having problems disabling it. The reason is that when I am looking for a file in the pc, it keeps going to the net, that's not what I want. I use google for net searches and I want to search my pc from the desktop. Ideas my friends? The 'solutions' up[ top seem awfully complicated for an old geek like me!

elbmek, Mar 28, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 28, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    cheers Brink, will have a look tomorrow now

elbmek, Mar 28, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    this worked a treat: mucho grassyass

Turn_off_Cortana_Win+C_keyboard_shortcut.reg

elbmek, Mar 28, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome mate. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Cortana Listen Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Cortana

2. "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Listen to this device" feature not turning off.: I turned on the listen to this device feature on my microphone to see if it would help with another problem and after unchecking the box it still is playing back through my headphones. I tried many things, even turning off all audio devices, but somehow it still playing back....
  3. I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't turn off keyboard shortcuts: I was playing a game and have to press f3 to open the debug menu, but instead in increased my volume. i clicked all of the other keys and they did things i didnt want to do. i got frustrated and searched through the entire settings. Whenever I tried to search, it would tell...
  4. How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to turn off the monitor on Windows 10, you can do […] This article How to turn off Monitor using a keyboard shortcut on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally turned off my keyboard with a shortcut: Hello, I was trying to change the backlights for my hp omen 15 and somehow hit a shortcut that disabled my keyboard. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/_this_is_what_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Cortana Not Listening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Not Listening: [ATTACH] So all of a sudden, Cortana can't wake up when I say "Cortana" went to check it out, and this popped up. I've tried all Diagnostics, they just keep loading.... pls help. Oh, and my laptops microphone array works just fine when I click to open Cortana and click the...
  7. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  8. turn off cortana

turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  9. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369
  10. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut for cortana listneing mode