Windows 10: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 Cortana is your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana youre using, Cortana can provide a range of features, some of which are personalized. Cortana on Windows is available in certain regions and languages. If Cortana isnt available for your Windows device, you can still search for files on your device in the search box on the taskbar. Cortana is also available on other platforms, such as Android and iOS, in select markets.

Cortana works best when you sign in and let her use data from your device, other Microsoft services, and third-party services you choose to connect. To provide you with personalized experiences, Cortana learns from certain data about you, such as your searches, calendar, contacts, and location. Youre in control of how much data you share. If you choose not to sign into Cortana on Windows, you can still chat with Cortana and use her to help you search the web, documents stored in Microsoft services like OneDrive, and your Windows device. See the section about Windows Search in the Privacy Statement for more information. If you dont sign in, or you choose to sign out, your experiences will be more limited and they wont be personalized with your Cortana data. On iOS and Android devices, Cortana only works when you sign in.

Cortana already gives you reminders for people, places and times, and helps you make and manage to-do lists so you dont forget a thing. Now, Cortana can give you suggested reminders to help you remember things youve said you would do in your emailswithout you even having to ask.

Using machine learning technology developed in partnership with Microsoft Research, Cortana automatically recognizes when you make a commitment in email messages and will proactively suggest a reminder to you to follow through at just the right time.

When you mentioned things to do or important dates in email, Cortana can suggest reminders and notify you about them across your devices so you don't miss anything.

For example, try emailing yourself a commitment like I will send you the report by Friday and look out for that suggested reminder from Cortana.

Cortana does all the work in the background making this helpful feature incredibly easy to use. To get started, simply send emails as you would normally and when youll do something, Cortana will recognize that and save the details in a suggested reminder for you. If youve specified a deadline in the email, Cortana will ping you before its due and save it in the action center. Other suggested reminders will be in the Cortana home. No need to copy her on the email or change how you do things today, she will adapt to you.

As of February 9th 2017, Cortanas suggested reminders are available in the U.S. on Windows 10 with support coming to iOS and Android soon. The feature currently supports Outlook.com and Office 365 work and school email addresses with support for other email services coming soon.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off getting suggested reminders from Cortana for your account in Windows 10.

Requirements for Cortana Suggested Reminders:
    1. Sign in to Cortana with your Microsoft account.
    2. Turn on notifications, and turn on notifications for Cortana.
    3. Turn on contacts, email, calendar, & communication history permissions for Cortana.
    4. Turn on Send notifications and information between devices for Cortana.
    5. Add and turn on Outlook.com and/or Office 365 work and school email addresses in Cortana Connected Services to get suggested reminders from. (see screenshots below)

Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 [​IMG]

EXAMPLE: Cortana Suggested Reminders

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Cortana icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook
    icon, click/tap on the Manage Skills tab, and click/tap on Suggested tasks. (see screenshot below)

2. Do step 3 (off) or step 4 (on) below for what you want to do.

3. To Turn Off Cortana Suggested Reminders on this Windows 10 PC
    A) Turn off All suggested tasks. (see screenshot below)

4. To Turn On Suggested Reminders on this Windows 10 PC
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Turn on All suggested tasks. (see screenshot below)

B) Check (default) or uncheck the Notify me when something I mentioned doing is coming up box for what you want.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Jan 31, 2016

2. Cannot reactivate Completed Cortana Reminders in Windows 10

Hi Adrian,

Cortana is your digital agent that will help you doing your daily tasks. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to manage
    Cortana Reminders:

• Open Cortana, then click the hamburger button and select
      Reminders on your phone or click Notebook and select
      Reminders on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You'll find all your reminders sorted by date, click on it and modify according to your preference.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 26, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Oct 26, 2019
  6. dalchina Win User
    How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Cortana

2. Cortana reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana reminders: Although cortana sets up reminders correctly you are not reminded at the appropriate time. It doesn't matter if you create it on PC, android phone or invoke. It does not work on any device....
  3. Cortana Reminders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cortana Reminders: I used to get reminders from Cortana by text in the notification area along with a bell sound to remind me. It has stopped working and I've checked all the settings and I can't determine the problem. It accepts my reminders, I see them listed, FocusAssist is off,...
  4. Cortana and reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana and reminders: I am on a windows 10 machine build 18362, and I have questions about reminders. I used to use Cortana (typed) all the time. One of the primary things I used her for was setting daily reminders. I have had a couple of strokes and my memory for some daily activities is not so...
  5. Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana "reminders" in Windows 10 Calendar: In the left panel of Windows 10 Calendar, there is a Cortana drop down and a box to check for reminders. I have the box checked, yet when I ask Cortana to "remind me to..." it puts the reminder in Microsoft Tasks and not in Calendar. Previously, it would put the reminder in...
  6. I can not Turn off the option' Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert...

in Cortana
    I can not Turn off the option' Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert...: can not find Setting to Turn off the option Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert and more. hope you reply me at soon....
  7. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  8. Cortana reminder

in Cortana
    Cortana reminder: I cannot set a reminder on Cortana it says "your account needs an update.I can take you there to get that settled". plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-reminder/3e912b26-feec-424e-a0ab-8520adccbe2e"
  9. turn off cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  10. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off windows suggested reminders