Windows 10: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC

shut down[/b].

When the computer is locked, you will be taken to the lock screen by default to dismiss and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other users can still sign in to their accounts from the sign-in screen.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, Microsoft has added a new Dynamic Lock feature that allows Windows to detect when you're away and automatically lock the device.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15031, Microsoft officially introduces Dynamic Lock. Dynamic Lock automatically locks your Windows 10 PC when youre not around based the proximity of a Bluetooth-paired phone. If your Bluetooth-paired phone is not found near your PC, Windows turns off the screen and locks the PC after 30 seconds.

Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your face, iris, or fingerprint. If you forget to lock your PC or tablet when you step away, Windows Hello can use your devices that are paired with your PC to automatically lock it shortly after you're out of Bluetooth range. To set things up, youll need to use Bluetooth to pair your phone with your PC and then turn on Dynamic lock in settings. Additionally, you can use participating Windows Hello companion devices to lock your PC or tablet.

Even if your Windows 10 device can use Windows Hello, you dont have to. If its the right choice for you, you can rest assured that the info that identifies your face, iris, or fingerprint never leaves your device. Windows never stores pictures or images of your face, iris, or fingerprint on your device or anywhere else.

See also: Windows Hello and privacy - Microsoft privacy

To enable Dynamic Lock, make sure your supported device or phone is paired to your PC via Bluetooth and toggle Dynamic lock to on.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Dynamic Lock to automatically lock the PC when away for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock in Settings
    1. If you want to turn on Dynamic Lock, make sure your phone is paired to your PC via Bluetooth first.

2. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

3. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you're away under Dynamic Lock on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

EnableGoodbye DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. Turn On Dynamic Lock for your Account
    A) Make sure your phone is paired to your PC via Bluetooth first.

B) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Dynamic_Lock.reg

Download

3. Turn Off Dynamic Lock for your Account
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Dynamic_Lock.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 4, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dynamic lock

Hi dude

for making the Bluetooth connection my phone is asking a pairing passkey but pc is not asking for.In this case how can I use dynamic lock.Dude please provide me with the steps because dynamic lock is very essential for me

Saisumanth549, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. In order to get clarity of the issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. May I know what you exactly mean by “my computer has no Bluetooth”, “but I had it working half an hour ago”. Are you speaking about the Bluetooth or the Dynamic lock?
    3. Which troubleshooter gave you the message that your system had no Bluetooth compatibility?

Windows Hello uses a phone that’s paired with your device to automatically lock it shortly after you’re out of Bluetooth range.
    Hence this requires Bluetooth to be working on your system. We will look into this for you, please try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it works for you.

Method 1: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

If your system came with inbuilt Bluetooth option, I would suggest you to download and install the Bluetooth driver from the system manufacturer’s website and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 2: Check the registry entry.

Disclaimer: This method contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure
    that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, before you modify the registry, take a backup of it by following the steps provided in the article below, then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type regedit and press
      Enter. This will open the Registry Editor for you.
    3. Navigate to the following key
      - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Look for a DWORD called
      EnableGoodbye in the right panel.
    5. Make sure its value is set to
      1 for it being Enabled.
    6. Close the Registry Editor.
    7. Reboot your system, check if the issue still persists.

Method 3: Check the Group Policy settings.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, you can check if few settings in the Group Policy Editor are in place. To do that, please follow the steps below.

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key to open the Run dialogue box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor for you.
    3. Navigate to the following path in the Group Policy Editor,
      path - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Hello for Business
    4. On the right panel, please check for the entry called
      Configure dynamic lock factors.
    5. Double click on it, this will open a new window.
    6. Select the Radio button for
      Enabled, set the Signal Rules, click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    7. Close the Group Policy Editor.
    8. Reboot the system and check if the issue still persists.

Please get back to us with the details and results of the troubleshooting steps.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 26, 2019
  5. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

Device Info:

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version 1803
    • Running: OS Build 17134.345

Bluetooth Device Info

• iPhone 6 Plus

Story:

I am trying to use the Dynamic Lock feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators update. As I try to enable it, I can't for some reason. Is there any reason as to why this isn't working?

TechProRex, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Dynamic

2. Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting: Recently my Windows 11 installed some updates i got a new functionality called "Dynamic Lighting". The RGB of my keyboard, the G915 TKL, it's being controlled by that functionality and the GHUB says i need to turn off the Dynamic Lighting to be able to control the RGB with...
  3. Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant turn off Dynamic Lighting: Recently my Windows 11 installed some updates i got a new functionality called "Dynamic Lighting". The RGB of my keyboard, the G915 TKL, it's being controlled by that functionality and the GHUB says i need to turn off the Dynamic Lighting to be able to control the RGB with...
  4. Dynamic Lock using Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dynamic Lock using Phone: Recently, Windows started going to the lock screen if I interact with my phone in any way instead of I walked a distance away with my phone. If I pick up my phone and look at notifications, my computer locks. It does this with any app or even by simply unlocking the phone's...
  5. Dynamic Lock using Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dynamic Lock using Phone: Recently, Windows started going to the lock screen if I interact with my phone in any way instead of I walked a distance away with my phone. If I pick up my phone and look at notifications, my computer locks. It does this with any app or even by simply unlocking the phone's...
  6. Dynamic Lock on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dynamic Lock on Windows 10: Can I pair my Iphone 10XR through blue tooth to the dynamic lock feature in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-on-windows-10/66775c71-b9f1-4cd2-9150-915a06f590e2
  7. How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Microsoft made it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to […] This article How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock: I never had this problem before. Because troubleshooter said I had no Bluetooth capability, and that was like a year ago. But my dynamic lock was working then. I don't get it someone please help....
  9. Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock in Windows 10: Device Info: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Running: OS Build 17134.345 Bluetooth Device Info iPhone 6 Plus OS: iOS 12.1 Story: I am trying to use the Dynamic Lock feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators update. As I try to enable it, I can't...
  10. Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 shut down[/b]. When the computer is locked, you will be taken to the lock screen by default to dismiss and sign in when ready...