Windows 10: Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Email for Account in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Turn On or Off Email for Account in Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you don't want to continue to receive email from a particular account in the Mail app for Windows 10, you can either delete the account and remove it from the app, or you can turn off email for that account. Deleting or removing an account from either app will also remove any calendar associated with that account. Turning off email for an account will only temporarily remove the account from the app until email is turned back on for the account.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to receive email for an account in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn Off Email for an Account in Mail app
    • Option Two: To Turn On Email for an Account in Mail app

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn Off Email for an Account in Mail app
    1. Do step 2 (Mail app) or step 3 (Settings) below for how you would like to turn off email for an account.

2. To Turn Off Email for an Account from within Mail app
    A) Open the Mail app.

B) Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Manage Accounts in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

C) Click/tap on the step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Turn Off Email for an Account from within Settings
    A) Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

B) Click/tap on Email & app accounts on the left side, click/tap on the step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Change mailbox sync settings. (see screenshot below)

5. Turn off Email under Sync options, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

7. The account will now be removed from the accounts list in the left pane of the Mail app, and you will no longer receive email for the account until you turn on email for this account again.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On Email for an Account in Mail app
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Email & app accounts on the left side, click/tap on the account you want to turn on email for under Email, calendar, and contacts on the right side, and click/tap on Manage. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Change mailbox sync settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Turn on Email under Sync options, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. You can now close Settings if you like.

7. The account will now be added back to the accounts list in the left pane of the Mail app, and you will start receiving email for the account again.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Michael87, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

Delete email account on Mail app

Hello, It turns out that I/anyone can not delete the first Email program in windows 10. At least that is what the person from Microsoft/Windows told me. She told me how to turn OFF the First Email. I'm sorry, but I don't remember how I did it now.

But to answer your questions: Yes on Errors, don't remember error codes. Yes on on steps to delete Email account. Yes I tried Background Transfer service, System Maintenance and Windows Update. I stood on my head and curled my toes but nothing worked.

CHUCKFOWLER, Oct 26, 2019
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying "We couldn't find info for that account. .....". This happens for each account on my ISP, Cox.net.

There is one email account shown by Mail and it is the same address I use to log into my MS Account.

Will someone please show my how to get beyond this point?

Thank you very much.

JJG10, Oct 26, 2019
  6. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Email

2. Windows mail app turns emails into code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail app turns emails into code: For seven months now the Windows mail app is turning some emails into HTML code , there have been many updates to the Mail app, but none address the issue, Microsoft says its an "ongoing issue ", and "we need more feedback ", well Microsoft you have had Seven months no doubt...
  3. Windows mail app turns emails into code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail app turns emails into code: For seven months now the Windows mail app is turning some emails into HTML code , there have been many updates to the Mail app, but none address the issue, Microsoft says its an "ongoing issue ", and "we need more feedback ", well Microsoft you have had Seven months no doubt...
  4. Cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail

Cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail: I cannot turn off an email account in Windows 10 Mail. I have followed the correct procedures in Advanced Mail Box settings. I turn off the email and press done and then save. The emails still download. When I return to the email settings for that account and Mail has...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts: As you can see in the image below, I have setup (even two different) email accounts but the Windows 10 Mail app acts as if I have not setup any... [img] I already tried the official MS forums to no avail. I.e. deleting and re-adding accounts, reinstalling Mail app or...
  6. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  7. Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?: This might be a really stupid question but i CANNOT find the setting to combine all my email accounts on the Windows 10 email app and it's really frustrating me, i searched all over google and can't find anything I just dont see the anywhere. 37960
  8. Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mail app Notification Banner and Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch...
  9. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...