Windows 10: Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows

Discus and support Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows [img] Information Enhance pointer precision is a form of pointer acceleration that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows

How to: Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows

Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Enhance pointer precision is a form of pointer acceleration that determines how fast the pointer moves in response to movements of the mouse or finger on a touchpad.

The MouseSpeed, MouseThreshold1, and MouseThreshold2 string values in the HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse key in Registry Editor determine when and to what extent cursor speed accelerates when the mouse or finger moves rapidly.

When the mouse or finger moves slowly, the system moves the pointer at a constant rate that is directly proportional to the rate at which the mouse or finger moves. But if the mouse or finger moves faster than the value of MouseThreshold1 or MouseThreshold2, the system can respond by accelerating the movement of the pointer, so that the cursor moves two or four times as fast as the mouse or finger.

Enhance pointer precision can make your pointer more precise in some situations, but it can make the pointer less precise in many others. Your mileage will vary.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off enhance pointer precision for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Mouse Properties
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Mouse Properties
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Mouse icon.

2. Click/tap on the Pointer Options tab, check (default) or uncheck the Enhance pointer precision box under Motion for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision using a REG file

Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse

MouseSpeed String Value

0 = Off
    1 = On

MouseThreshold1 String Value

0 = Off
    6 = On

MouseThreshold2 String Value

0 = Off
    10 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you want to set.

2. To Turn On Enhance Pointer Precision
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Enhance_pointer_precision.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Enhance Pointer Precision
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Enhance_pointer_precision.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 10, 2017

2. GUYS, MOUSE POINTER/CURSOR NOT SHOWING UP IN FULL SCREEN GAMES, TRIED UNCHECKING POINTER TRAILS AND ENHANCE POINTER PRECISION NONE WORK!!

As the subject suggests, I have problems with all kinds of full screen games... my cursor/pointer won't show up even when I already followed the solutions such as unchecking pointer trails or the uncheck enhance mouse pointer precision thing. STILL NO cursor/pointer
    showing up. BUT when I play DOTA 2 and League of Legends, THE POINTER SHOWS UP AND I PLAY THESE 2 IN FULLSCREEN TOO. Tried reinstalling the other games cause I thought it's installation problem thingy, not solved, tried restoring my pc to FACTORY SETTING and
    it's still NOT SOLVED!!!! IS THIS A POSSIBLE BUG FROM WINDOWS 10? PLS HELP ME!!

WilliamGunawan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Wenex Win User
    Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

The enchance pointer precision is off, I did mention it in the post: "- Mouse Acceleration is OFF"

I did the troubleshooting and it found nothing.

Wenex, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

Hi,

We see that you are having issues with the sensitivity of your mouse. Is the Enhance pointer precision in your PC enabled? If not, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Mouse in the Search bar.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad settings.
    • Click on the Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Force booster precision (windows mouse & keyboard center)

Hi,

Windows operating systems already have a built-in precision booster. It's called
    Enhance pointer precision. You can turn it on/off through
    Mouse Properties
    . It automatically adjusts your mouse acceleration and DPI depending on how you use your mouse, giving you more control over the mouse pointer.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Oct 26, 2019
  6. danlim549 Win User
    Mouse Acceleration/Enhanced Pointer Precision is re-enabled even after restart/reboot in Win10 Creator's Update

I hate it when I have to manually disable Enhanced Pointer Precision via Control Panel after rebooting/restarting PC which is not flexible at all, although this doesn't happen with Anniversary Update until I install Creator's Update. Is there a way to stop
    Mouse Acceleration permanently? It's quite annoying!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

danlim549, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Enhance Pointer Precision in Windows - Similar Threads - Turn Off Enhance

2. Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly: Hi there,I haven't used enhanced pointer precision for a while now, since it is a bad setting for shooter games. But I recently started playing RTS games and I tried to turn it on again. Now for some reason when it is on, it doesn't work properly like I remember. When I move...
  3. Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhanced Pointer Precision Not Working Properly: Hi there,I haven't used enhanced pointer precision for a while now, since it is a bad setting for shooter games. But I recently started playing RTS games and I tried to turn it on again. Now for some reason when it is on, it doesn't work properly like I remember. When I move...
  4. My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision: Hello im Rune Mertens and im having problems with playing games due to mouse acceleration i do not know how i got it and i tried turning off enhanced pointer precision but it was already of can someone help?...
  5. My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision

My mouse still has mouse acceleration after turning off enhanced Pointer precision: Hello im Rune Mertens and im having problems with playing games due to mouse acceleration i do not know how i got it and i tried turning off enhanced pointer precision but it was already of can someone help?...
  6. Enhance Pointer Precision keeps getting Cleared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhance Pointer Precision keeps getting Cleared: "Enhance pointer precision" keeps getting un-checked. What background apps might be clearing this setting? This gets cleared within a couple of hours of setting it. I don't even have to re-boot for it to be cleared.[To get to Enhance pointer precision, Go to "Mouse Settings"...
  7. Enhance Pointer Precision keeps getting Cleared

Enhance Pointer Precision keeps getting Cleared: "Enhance pointer precision" keeps getting un-checked. What background apps might be clearing this setting? This gets cleared within a couple of hours of setting it. I don't even have to re-boot for it to be cleared.[To get to Enhance pointer precision, Go to "Mouse Settings"...
  8. Enhance pointer precision feels inverted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enhance pointer precision feels inverted: Hello. This issue began last year out of nowhere I guess I installed something. Due to my PC being old and soon I'll replace it, I currently use Windows 7 64 bit. Issue started last year around April. I usually keep Enhance pointer precision OFF and it felt consistent....
  9. Enhance pointer precision feels inverted

Enhance pointer precision feels inverted: Hello. This issue began last year out of nowhere I guess I installed something. Due to my PC being old and soon I'll replace it, I currently use Windows 7 64 bit. Issue started last year around April. I usually keep Enhance pointer precision OFF and it felt consistent....
  10. Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem With Disabling Enhance Pointer Precision: I disabled "Enhance Pointer Precision" in the windows 10 mouse settings but since I did this my mouse suddenly stops when dragging it. It ranges from a couple milliseconds to a second or two of being stopped. Anyone know a possible fix? My mouse is the Logitech G Pro...