Windows 10: Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information By default in Windows 10, you can quickly view the size of folders in an infotip (pop-up description) by hovering over the folders in File Explorer or on your desktop.

There are instances where turning this option off may provide a performance increase (for example, complex, multi-level nested folder structures) on the local system.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to display file size information in folder tips for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips using Folder Options
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Display file size information in folder tips

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips using Folder Options
    1. Open Folder Options.

2. Click/tap on the View tab, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) the Display file size information in folder tips box for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on OK to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

FolderContentsInfoTip DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Display File Size Info in Folder Tips
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Display_file_size_info_in_folder_tips.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Display File Size Info in Folder Tips
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Display_file_size_info_in_folder_tips.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Sometimes you may need to refresh (F5) the desktop or File Explorer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 12, 2017
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. aliakbarj Win User

What should I do for folders?

Thanks Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10 :) and I appreciate your quick reply...

I already have these details in folder tips as shown below:

but it really bother me to stop for a second for tips to be shown. *Biggrin it would be very helpful to edit folder details in the pane. Do you have any suggestions about that?

aliakbarj, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Folder Tips Display File Size Info in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Folder

2. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  3. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File display size

in Windows 10 Support
    File display size: Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized? Any advice appreciated. Thank you. 136691
  6. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  7. Display turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...
  8. Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10 Cortana is your clever new personal assistant. Cortana will help you find things on your PC, manage your calendar, track packages, find files, chat with you, and tell...
  9. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions Notifications about Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 will occasionally show you notifications for helpful tips about using Windows 10....
  10. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. When you have the Game bar turned on, you can select to show tips when you...