Windows 10: Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10

The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10.

You can also use the Game bar with any app and game in Windows 10.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17093, Microsoft made some Game bar improvements.
    • Given Game bar a makeover so it’s even easier to find what you’re looking for.
    • Go to your captures, toggle your microphone and camera, and edit the title of your Mixer stream—all from new buttons on Game bar.
    • Quickly check the time using the new clock.
    • Choose a theme—Dark, Light, or your current Windows theme.
    • Game bar settings are easier to use.
    See also: Introducing the New Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Xbox Game bar feature for recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites for your account in Windows 10.

*tip Keyboard shortcuts for Game bar

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Xbox Game bar

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game bar on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar on the right side for what you want. (see screenshots below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 (20H1) builds, you will need to click/tap on Xbox Game bar on the left side instead, and turn on (default) or off Enable Xbox Game bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites.

Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORDs in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

AppCaptureEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

GameDVR_Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Close the Xbox app if open.

2. Do step 3 (on) or step 4 (off) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn On Game Bar
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_On_GameBar.reg

Download

4. To Turn Off Game Bar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Turn_Off_GameBar.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 28, 2016

2. Game Bar not opening even if I turn it on.

Hi,

It is possible to remove your Gamebar. Here are steps oh how to do it:

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10.

2. Select Settings and then Game DVR.

3. Turn ‘Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR’ to off.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.

4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this.

1. Open a Windows PowerShell as an administrator.

2. Type or paste ‘Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage’

3. Let the process complete.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Questions about 'Game mode' in Windows 10 Creators Update.

I don't see an answer there. The question was should the Game Bar and then theoretically Game Mode be left on or off? if it gets turned on automatically by a game and stays on, is it devoting memory and processing to a game that's no longer being played?
    In other words do I need to constantly check and see if it's been turned on by a game automatically or will Game Bar turn Game Mode on and off automatically. I found my windows 10 in Game Mode and I don't play games on this machine. So what's the answer?

Fidola1961, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Peggsie Win User

We have 14 computers on a domain with over 500 users in an over 55 community. We would like to turn off game box at the admin level so none of the users see the game box pop up. This tutorial only turns it off by individual user.
    Can anyone help?

Peggsie, May 22, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 22, 2016
  6. What Gaming icon? - Gone in build 1607 at least.

Now Settings is at the very bottom, you must locate the nearly invisible scrollbar to expose it.

Am I the only one annoyed at having full Programs now called "apps" as if they were coded by teenagers for $0.99 download?

Irwin Mainway, Feb 6, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Irwin, *Smile

Option One is only available starting with in Windows 10 build 15019.

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

when is that build to become available, brink?

xraiderv1, Feb 6, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The Windows 10 Creators Update will be released to the general public sometime this April 2017. *Smile

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  10. xraiderv1 Win User
    will this allow for dvr recording of games that presently dont seem to react to the traditional xbox app commands?

xraiderv1, Feb 6, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's supposed to, but we'll see.

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  12. xraiderv1 Win User
    here's hoping, I'd love to be able to film my gameplay in star trek online finally.

xraiderv1, Feb 6, 2017
  13. Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10

So this gamebar presence writer.exe still luanching with every game despite this disabled and I have removed most the xbox apps

tsunami2311, Apr 3, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello tsunami, *Smile

For me, the Game Bar (Win+G) process uses the GamePanel.exe file instead.

Do you have some 3rd party app installed that could be the source of the writer.exe file?

Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  15. no i do not, and ipretty sure i removed the gamebar app ui thing

There is alot bugs in creator update so this might be why too

tsunami2311, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Game

2. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: Hi, i traid to turn on my xbox game bar but it automatically turning off. i change my game resolution and change my screen mode but not working working plse help me...
  3. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: Hi, i traid to turn on my xbox game bar but it automatically turning off. i change my game resolution and change my screen mode but not working working plse help me...
  4. Xbox game bar turning off

Xbox game bar turning off: I tried regedit and everything but it keeps getting disabled, I just want to record a video it just does not want to turn on.I did not try reinstalling.If it happens to you try these and let me know if this works I took from a form!>1. Navigate to...
  5. Turning Off Game Bar

Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  6. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my Xbox game bar turning off automatically? whenever I turn it on it automatically turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-turning-off-automatically/91abf381-3f60-4d11-bc9c-49aa5b41b607
  7. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my xbox game bar turning off automatically? I tried doing stuff in the registry that I saw on YouTube but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?...
  8. Game bar auto turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar auto turns off: My game bar and console companion won’t open. I tried editing the registry, no luck. submitted by /u/Finneganmac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duif67/game_bar_auto_turns_off/
  9. Microsoft game bar will not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft game bar will not turn off.: Hello, I am having a heck of a problem with windows game bar. No matter what I do it wont turn off. I have all the latest updates and Radeon video drivers installed. I have all the setting for game bar turned off in settings, I have even turned them off in the registry. I...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. When you have the Game bar turned on, you can select to show tips when you...