Windows 10: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10.

When you have the Game bar turned on, you can select to show tips when you start a game to learn more about using Game bar each time you open a game or app set to be remembered as a game.

See also: Introducing the New Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing Game bar tips for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Game Bar Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Game bar tip "Press Win+G to broadcast your game"

Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Game Bar Settings
    1. Press the Win+G keys to open the Game bar.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) button on the Game bar. (see screenshot below)

3. In the General tab on the left, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show tips when I start a game for what you want, and close Game bar settings. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORDs in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar

ShowStartupPanel DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Game Bar Tips
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Game_bar_tips.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Game Bar Tips
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Game_bar_tips.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
  5. lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Game Bar update

Hi MatyasSvoboda,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're there's a little window when recording your games. To resolve this concern, I recommend that you turn off your Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do
    this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game
      clips
      . Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Game Bar Tips in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Game

2. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: Hi, i traid to turn on my xbox game bar but it automatically turning off. i change my game resolution and change my screen mode but not working working plse help me...
  3. Xbox game bar turning off

Xbox game bar turning off: I tried regedit and everything but it keeps getting disabled, I just want to record a video it just does not want to turn on.I did not try reinstalling.If it happens to you try these and let me know if this works I took from a form!>1. Navigate to...
  4. Turning Off Game Bar

Turning Off Game Bar: Hi, so I need to turn off game bar in order to use a lockdown browser. I went into the gaming settings and turned everything off, but it is still saything that it is active and I can't use the lockdown browser to take my exam. How do I completely turn this off?...
  5. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my Xbox game bar turning off automatically? whenever I turn it on it automatically turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-turning-off-automatically/91abf381-3f60-4d11-bc9c-49aa5b41b607
  6. Game Bar Turning Off Automatically

Game Bar Turning Off Automatically: How do I fix my xbox game bar turning off automatically? I tried doing stuff in the registry that I saw on YouTube but it doesn't work. Can someone help me?...
  7. xbor game bar tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbor game bar tips: Usually when I open a game such as solitaire the xbox game bar tips slides in from the right. Since latest game bar app update (yest) it doesn't do this. I can open game bar fine but tips won't come up anymore. I toggled the setting to turn tips off and on, restarted etc but...
  8. xbor game bar tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbor game bar tips: Usually when I open a game such as solitaire the xbox game bar tips slides in from the right. Since latest game bar app update (yest) it doesn't do this. I can open game bar fine but tips won't come up anymore. I toggled the setting to turn tips off and on, restarted etc but...
  9. Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Tips in Windows 10 Cortana is your clever new personal assistant. Cortana will help you find things on your PC, manage your calendar, track packages, find files, chat with you, and tell...
  10. Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. You can also use the Game bar with any app and game in Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn off xbox bar