Windows 10: Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible experience.

When you turn on the Game Mode feature, you will be able to use the Game bar to turn on Game Mode for each UWP and Win32 title you play.

When you turn on the Game Mode feature, you can also turn on or off Game Mode notifications. While you have Game Mode turned off, you will also no longer get Game Mode notifications.

If you have Game Mode notifications turned on and open a game that has Game Mode turned on for it, you will get a notification to help remind you that Game Mode is turned on for that game title.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Game Mode notifications for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Game Mode notification

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Gaming icon.

2. Click/tap on Game Mode on the left side, and while Use Game Mode is turned on, check (on) or uncheck (off) Get Game Mode notifications on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar

ShowGameModeNotifications DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Game Mode Notifications
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_on_Game_Mode_notifications.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Game Mode Notifications
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_off_Game_Mode_notifications.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Update Notification Banner During Fullscreen Windowed Mode Games

In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. Change your action center settings at any time from the Settings app.

• Select the Start
      button, and then select the Settings
      app.
    • FOLLOW STEP 4.1 BELOW
    • Go to System >
      Notifications & actions.
    • Do any of the following:
      • Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
      • Choose whether to see notifications on the lock screen.
      • Choose whether to see notifications when you're duplicating your screen.
      • Choose the quick actions you'll see in action center.
      • Turn tips, tricks, and suggestions about Windows on or off.

V.4_Victory, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Yuniel Win User
    Game Mode notification disable/enable

Hi , i have problem in wow , i read about turn off game mode and uncheck game notification

but here is the problem , idk why in my option then Game , no appear game notification for disable or enable ??

Also in my option dont appear the Broadcasting

is fresh instalation today creator version all update

Yuniel, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Games, mail & notifications aren't loading properly

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for your reply.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    You may try to run the game in compatibility mode and check if ti helps.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Game

2. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  3. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode keeps turning on and off on Windows 10, Game Mode is disabled.: I have gone in my settings and turned game mode off settings>gaming>game mode then turned the switch to off and also followed the steps I found in this answer...
  6. How to Turn off Game Mode in Windows 10?

How to Turn off Game Mode in Windows 10?: I know how to get to the game mode section in windows 10 but there isnt a option to turn it off on my PC. When I click on Game Mode from the gaming section it just says This PC supports Game Mode with no option to turn it on or off. Any help would be amazing and THANKS!...
  7. How to Turn Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn Off Game Mode Notifications in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 has native gaming support using Game Mode feature. This feature brings along the Game Bar which is basically a set of control to record, broadcast, take a screenshot, and turn game mode on or off. While everything is [...] This post How to Turn Off Game...
  8. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  9. Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, a new Game Mode feature has been added that can optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance and best possible...
  10. Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Offline Mode for Games in Store in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Store Games Offline on Windows 10 PC [img] Information If you’re planning to be in an area with no online coverage, such as on a long-distance flight or a sailing...