Windows 10: Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app How to Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated Video Encoding in Windows 10 Photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by zooburner, Sep 25, 2015.

1. zooburner Win User

Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app

How to: Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app

How to Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated Video Encoding in Windows 10 Photos app

The 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video.

The Photos app version 2018.18071.15310.0 added support for using your GPU (hardware acceleration) when encoding video, which should speed it up.

Hardware accelerated video encoding is turned on by default in the Photos app, but you may want to turn it off if you are having visual issues with exported videos.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off using hardware accelerated video encoding in the Photos app for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the Photos app.

2. Click/tap on the See more (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

3. Under the Video settings, turn on (default) or off Use hardware-accelerated video encoding for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

4. You can now close the Photos app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

zooburner, Sep 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. kentwaz Win User

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

When I right click on my desktop as you instructed, I cannot find "Graphics Properties" as mentioned above. I can't see 3D when I right click on .jpg file to select option to "Open with" on 3D windows.

My OS is windows 10.

kentwaz, Oct 27, 2019
  5. JewelDove Win User
    Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10

I apologize in advance as I am not in IT, but I was recently having trouble with some features while streaming videos. The only fix suggested was to disable hardware acceleration (that's why I'm posting this). I unsuccessfully followed the instructions
    suggested to me & they are the same as suggested here by
    Ramesh.Kumar (control panel.........display.........advanced settings...........[I'm skipping steps]........troubleshooting). I couldn't find the troubleshooting or hardware acceleration options anywhere.

I did find a way to adjust these settings even though I never saw the actual words, "hardware acceleration". I am sharing it with you if you still need it.

Right Click on desktop > graphics properties

From there you can go to "Display" and/or "3D" and adjust the settings as wanted.

Good luck!

JD

JewelDove, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • In Large Icons View, click on
      Display
      and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
    • Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
    • Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the
      Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
    • Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Hardware Acceleration in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Hardware

2. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  3. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  4. how to turn off hardware acceleration

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off hardware acceleration: i would like to know how to turn off hardware acceleration for Xbox console companion or the whole laptop. I've been trying to find the control panel from the start menu but its not there and when I find the place to turn it off trouble shoot or whatever the option is to...
  5. Hardware Acceleration turned off - Graphics Card issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Acceleration turned off - Graphics Card issue: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with the IntelR HD Graphics 520 and NVIDIA GeForce GPU display adapters. I started having trouble with them a few months ago. When I use applications I have used many times before with no issues, I get an error message saying my graphics card...
  6. Disable hardware acceleration on apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable hardware acceleration on apps: I'd like to know how to disable hardware acceleration on apps like Sticky Notes & Calculator on Windows 10. I currently have hardware acceleration disabled in my browser and other software that don't require it. With Sticky Notes that often stay open for days it causes my...
  7. Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Acceleration In Windows 10: I cannot turn in hardware acceleration in my windows 10 PC. Generally, it is located in the Display section of the control panel. But in my control panel, I cannot see a Display section. Please help me turn on hardware acceleration on my PC....
  8. where do i find "hardware acceleration to turn it off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where do i find "hardware acceleration to turn it off: where do i find "hardware acceleration to turn it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-find-hardware-acceleration-to-turn-it/aeab4ff4-2f23-46a3-9c87-aed51a64a2bf
  9. Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 gets hardware acceleration support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Photos app for Windows 10 gets hardware acceleration support: Microsoft Photos app also comes with video editing feature and you can use it to create video from your own media. While it still can’t replace a professional video editor, it can help you with most of the basic tasks. Microsoft Photos app is aimed at consumers and it’s not...
  10. Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.: I was going through some of the settings on my new laptop and I was clicking through Google Chrome. Under settings, Advanced Settings, System......... It has two boxes. Continue running background apps and Use hardware acceleration. What is the benefit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable hardware acceleration windows 10

2. hardware acceleration windows 10

3. let windows photos choose hardware acceleration

4. hardware acceleration windows 10 2019