Windows 10: Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10 Hotspot 2.0, also known as HS2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by omidsolo, Dec 4, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10

Hotspot 2.0, also known as HS2 and Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint, is an approach to public access Wi-Fi by the Wi-Fi Alliance. Hotspot 2.0 is a standard for seamless authentication to hotspots. Hotspot 2.0 offers an encrypted connection between the client and the access point. It uses IEEE 802.11u to communicate with the provider before it establishes a connection. Authentication and encryption are provided by using WPA2-Enterprise together with one of several EAP methods.

Hotspot 2.0 is focused on enabling users to automatically and securely connect to Wi-Fi networks while on the move. Hotspot 2.0 networks might be available in certain public places, like airports, hotels, and cafes.

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, you can turn on or off having Hotspot 2.0 networks appear in the list of Wi-Fi networks when they are available to connect to.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Hotspot 2.0 networks appearing in the list of available Wi-Fi networks for all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks using a REG file

VIDEO: Next Generation Hotspots: Windows 10 & Hotspot 2.0

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Let me use an online sign-up service to get connected for what you want under Hotspot 2.0 networks on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks using a REG file
    *note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WlanSvc\AnqpCache

OsuRegistrationStatus DWORD

0= Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Hotspot 2.0 Networks
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Hotspot_2.0_networks.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Hotspot_2.0_networks.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

omidsolo, Dec 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mobile hotspot problems

Do turn off Hotspot 2.0 Network Under WiFi Network settings. It will work perfectly after that.

Jeyakeethan Jeyaganeshan, Dec 4, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Lost the driver for my network adapter and the wireless adapter won't pick up any networks

Go down and turn on Let me use Online Sig-up to get connected under Hotspot 2.0 networks.

Or connect to suggested open hotspots.

lacrumb, Dec 4, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @omidsolo, *Smile

It looks like the registry setting had changed. The tutorial has now been updated for it to work again.

Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks bro, keep up the good work :x

omidsolo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 Networks in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Hotspot

2. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  3. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  4. turning hotspot on and off lags the PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    turning hotspot on and off lags the PC: Every time I turn the hotspot on or off, my PC's sound gets glitchy and the system runs very slow. Is there anything I can do against it? Thanks for replies....
  5. Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When connected in the same network as other devices, you can share the files and settings of your Windows 10 computer with the other connected […] This article Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off

My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off: When I check the available WiFi networks on my phone, there's one called DIRECT-VJ[My Computer Name]msJA. This network does not appear in my computer's available WiFi networks so I think it's safe to assume that it's generated by my computer. As I said, Mobile Hotspot is...
  7. windows 10 hotspot keeps turning off

windows 10 hotspot keeps turning off: Hi, I'm having an issue that windows 10 keeps turning off hotspot automatically for no reason I have my phone connected to the hotspot only and then I disconnect my wifi so my phone is connected to pc using hotspot directly without going through the internet to stream...
  8. Mobile hotspot turning off!

Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  9. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  10. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hotspot 2.0 networks setting on or off

2. GPO to Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0

3. Turn On or Off Hotspot 2.0 gpo