Windows 10: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your PC.

If you find yourself bumping the screen while using your pen, you may want to turn on the Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen setting to avoid potential issues.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to ignore touch input when using a pen for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like. (see screenshot below)

Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Pen

PenArbitrationType DWORD

1 = On
    3 = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Ignore Touch Input when using Pen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Ignore_touch_input_when_using_pen.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Ignore_touch_input_when_using_pen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2017
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Pen and Onenote

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

When you are using pen, you can set the device to ignore the touch, to make the changes you can follow the steps below.

1. May I know, if you are using OneNote App from Store or OneNote that comes with Microsoft Office and Outlook?

2. If you are using Microsoft Office and Outlook, May I know which version of it is?

Method 1:
    Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen.

Navigate to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink.

From the Right pane under Pen, check
    Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen.

Method 2: Turn Touch Mode on or off.

I suggest you to check the article
    Turn Touch Mode on or off
    for OneNote that comes with Office and Outlook, try the troubleshooting steps and check if this help you.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Lenovo x201 touch input and pen input conflict

Hi Maliq,

Disabling and re-enabling the touch and pen input driver might resolve this issue for you. Here are the steps:

1. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select
      Device Manager in the search results.
    2. Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.
    3. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Disable
    4. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Enable

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

how do i disable hand input when a pen is connected

Hi Jason,

Here's how to disable touch when you're using a pen:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    2. Choose Devices.
    3. On the left pane, select Pen & Windows Ink.
    4. Under Pen, check Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen.

Hope this information helps.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Touch Input Acts as Pen Input

I'm having trouble with touch input on my HP Pavilion All-in-One.

Messing around with the settings for touch input to make it more compatible with my Wacom Intuos Art,

I changed a setting that changed the touch input into Pen input whenever I touch the screen physically.

Now whenever I touch the screen it Pulls up a pen cursor instead of the normal touch cursor.

I can't hold to right click anymore and the Windows Ink Sketch Pad doesn't allow me to draw on it.

The last thing I remember changing in terms of the touch input was the calibrate button in the Tablet PC settings menu.

Is what it looks like:

Gif of My troubles

When ever the cursor is still I'm trying to right click.

Darius Hall, Oct 27, 2019
  6. NO Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

Hello,

There are several ways that we can make your device to respond to touch. However, out of all those suggestions, this

related thread
    has the same issue as yours. Check out the response by one of our Community members,
    MarianRitter. She provided a link on her post that was able to resolve the issue regarding the error "No pen & touch input is available for this display".

Let us know if that works for you as well.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Ignore

2. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  3. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  4. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working: Hello everybody! Since yesterday my touch display isn't ignoring touch input when I use my pen. That makes it impossible to write or draw clearly, because I can't rest my hand on the screen anymore. I'm totally lost. The setting is checked, but doesn't work anyway. Any help...
  6. "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" doesn't seem to work. Pen issue or Windows issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" doesn't seem to work. Pen issue or Windows issue...: I'm attempting to use a Bamboo Ink pen with my ASUS Q536f, running Windows 10. The pen works fine (connects via Bluetooth, writes fine, all features work as expected). The only annoyance I've had is my hand accidentally touching the screen and causing issues while I...
  7. No pen or touch input is available for this display??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No pen or touch input is available for this display??: Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've been going nuts over this. I can't use my stylus pen, nor is my touchscreen functioning. It was working fine one day and the next it just completely stopped. These are my device specifications. When the touchscreen and pen...
  8. pen for use on touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen for use on touch screen: what kind of pen do I need for a touch screen laptop (not Microsoft Surface). I have tried the non electronic ie just a rubber tip and they don't wot=rk as well as my finger...
  9. No pen or touch input is available for display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No pen or touch input is available for display: I tried to turn on the touch screen for my new laptop but I cannot find the driver. There is no HID compliant touch screen. Any can help me? ASUS VivoBook S14 S410UN EB154T...
  10. Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Cursor and Visual Effects when using Pen in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ignore touch input when using pen windows 10