Windows 10: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Let's see if there's anything in the two registry keys below that may be causing this. Export them from Registry Editor as a .reg file, and upload them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

Sorry I was out yesterday, here it is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER-Software-Policies.reg
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Policies.reg

TheKerevas, Apr 8, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

No problem @TheKerevas, *Smile

I found a policy you had set below that would cause this.

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors] "DisableLocation"=dword:00000001 "DisableLocationScripting"=dword:00000001[/quote]
    If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to delete the policy above from you registry so you can change your location settings afterwards. I didn't have to restart the computer to apply afterwards.

Remove_LocationAndSensors_policy.reg

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  3. I applied the reg file that you put on and still does not work, as before *Sad

TheKerevas, Apr 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

Did you restart the computer afterwards to see if that may help?

Double check to make sure that the key in red below has been deleted.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  5. I restarted and the folder is still

TheKerevas, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If the LocationAndSensors registry key is still there, then manually delete it instead. That should sort it for you.

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  7. You're a big, not even Microsoft in person was able to help me out !

Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I also have a problem regarding controls "Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth", that does not find the source where we can talk ? I would be very grateful ! ^^

TheKerevas, Apr 8, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

DISM is currently not working very well in the latest builds of Windows 10, but it would be best to create a new thread for that issue instead though.

Brink, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Ah ok perfect, I also have a problem in Windows Defender and then everything is fine *chuckle

TheKerevas, Apr 8, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hopefully we can help get it all sorted for you. *Smile

Brink, Apr 9, 2017
  11. I have these two errors of Windows Defender, on "Protection based on Cloud" and "Automatically send sample files". How can fix ? *Huh

TheKerevas, Apr 9, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 9, 2017
  13. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

TheKerevas, Apr 9, 2017
  14. Jonw9 Win User
    Tried all these steps, location still greyed out.

Jonw9, May 4, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Location

2. I can't turn on location services.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't turn on location services.: I'm not controlled by any organization but it shows up and won't let me turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-location-services/d3816d26-aa8a-46c3-b26f-6c080a47e47e
  3. Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10: In Settings : Some of theses setting are hiddenen or managed by your organization Windows 10 20H2 Latest updates Applied. Single User System in USAGeolocation is running automatic in Services . Tried Ifsvc registry delete and other suggestion and no luck....
  4. How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10: If you want to turn on or off Location Scripting on Windows 10, this post is what you need. In Windows 10, by default, all location scripts run. However, if you want to disable Location Scripting on Windows you need to edit some group policy. The policy “Turn off location...
  5. Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?: I recently switched from a windows phone to android... I loved my windows phone and the assistant, talk to text is essential to me. I work with sticky fingers all day and it's best if I reduce the amount of time I touch it. Anyway, trying to avoid the google dominance I tried...
  6. Cant turn off location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant turn off location: My location is always on. When i go to settings and then privacy and click location the settings closes by itself submitted by /u/fizzy2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi08ai/cant_turn_off_location/
  7. Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off Windows 10 Update under services.: Why is Windows 10 now blocking me from accessing the options to turn Update on or off in Services. I can't choose any of the options. This is AFTER I disabled it on multiple occasions only to have it turn back on. It stayed off for over a week this last time but it started...
  8. windows search service is turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows search service is turned off: search performance will be impacted. How do I turn it back on? Outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-service-is-turned-off/96286bb5-cb49-4b64-a425-7d31c462b036
  9. Turn off location icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off location icon: Howdy, Thanks to Brink for his good tutorial on how to disable location service here: Location Service - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Settings > Home > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off > Location is ON. I also want to turn it off via registry...
  10. Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Cortana Location Permissions in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities...