Windows 10: Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

Discus and support Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 14327, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

How to: Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 14327, you can now try out the preview of the “Messaging everywhere” feature in Windows 10 that allows you to send and receive text messages from your phone directly from your Windows 10 PC’s.

To enable this:
    • Make sure you are signed in with your Microsoft Account (MSA) on all Windows 10 PC and phone devices.
    • On your phone – make sure “Send texts on all my Windows devices” is turned on.
    • On your PC – make sure “Send texts on all my Windows devices” is turned on, and make sure you have chosen which phone to send messages through.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Messaging everywhere to send and receive text messages from your Windows 10 Mobile phone directly from your Windows 10 PC’s.

Note From Microsoft:

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere on Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere on Windows 10 PC

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere on Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    1. Open the Messaging app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.
    2. Tap on the More
    button at the bottom, and tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step 4 (off), or step 5 (on) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Turn Off Messaging Everywhere on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    A) Turn off Send texts on all my Windows devices, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Turn On Messaging Everywhere on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone
    A) Turn on Send texts on all my Windows devices. (see screenshot below)

B) Select how to Download messages through for what you want. (see screenshot below)

C) You can now use Option Two to turn on Messaging everywhere on any Windows 10 PCs that you sign in to with the same Microsoft account that you sign in to your phone with.

D) Go to step 6 below.

6. If you like, you can tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to return to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere on Windows 10 PC
    1. Do step 2 (off), or step 3 (on) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn Off Messaging Everywhere on a Windows 10 PC
    A) Open the Messaging app.

B) Click/tap on the More
    button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

C) Turn off Send texts from here and sync texting history across all your Windows devices, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Turn Off Messaging Everywhere on a Windows 10 PC
    A) If you haven't already, you will first need to use Option One above to turn on Messaging everywhere on your Windows 10 Mobile phone that you sign in to using the same Microsoft account that you sign in to the PC with.

B) Open the Messaging app on your Windows 10 PC.

C) Click/tap on the More
    button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

D) Turn on Send texts from here and sync texting history across all your Windows devices. (see screenshot below)

E) Select how to Download messages through for what you want. (see screenshot below)

F) Select the Windows 10 Mobile phone from step 3A to Send messages through, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the Messaging app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 4, 2018

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Mobile

Hello Stupops, Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile :)

This sounds like you have notification banners turned on for the Messaging app. See if turning it off using the steps below may help.

1) Open Settings.

2) Tap on System.

3) Tap on Notifications & actions.

4) Scroll down and tap on Messaging listed under "Get notifications from these senders".

5) Turn off Show notification banners.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

6. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Turn Off Messaging

2. Is it possible to turn off Antialiasing everywhere in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to turn off Antialiasing everywhere in Windows 11?: Hey there,the Title says it all i think. I have issues with the Antialising of the Text and the Graphics inside of Windows 11. I had those issues in Windows 10 already; that‘s why i skipped this OS altogether. But i had to build a new PC now and cannot stay on Win 7 anymore,...
  3. Is it possible to turn off Antialiasing everywhere in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn off Antialiasing everywhere in Windows 11?: Hey there,the Title says it all i think. I have issues with the Antialising of the Text and the Graphics inside of Windows 11. I had those issues in Windows 10 already; that‘s why i skipped this OS altogether. But i had to build a new PC now and cannot stay on Win 7 anymore,...
  4. Mobile hotspot turning off!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  5. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  6. Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth lets you use all sorts of wireless devices with your phone—Bluetooth headsets, headphones, a...
  7. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  8. Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Glance Screen on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Glance screen feature in Windows 10 Mobile lets you see your clock and lock screen info at a glance after your screen has...
  9. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  10. Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Flashlight in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149 for phones now includes a Flashlight quick action button in the Action Center so...