Windows 10: Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by brubakes, Sep 26, 2017.

1. brubakes Win User

Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. Microsoft Print to PDF lets you create a PDF file of the contents of any web page or file without the need to use third-party software.

The .pdf file created by Microsoft Print to PDF can be opened by any app that supports this format. For example, Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader, etc...

Microsoft Edge is the default app used to open .pdf files with in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Microsoft Print to PDF feature for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn Microsoft Print to PDF on or off.

Here's How:

1. Open Windows Features.

2. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Microsoft Print to PDF for what you want to do, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

3. When Windows is finished applying changes, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

brubakes, Sep 26, 2017
  2. Cheler Win User

Microsoft print to PDF not working

I see so many people saying they cannot print to pdf. Me too .... but I did get it fixed. For a while now , since upgrading, I have only been able to print to pdf if I used Chrome - the print to pdf was not an option in Firefox or Edge.

So I finally became frustrated enough to try to fix it and lucked out on my first try - I went into "turn windows features on and off" in Control Panel and unticked the Microsoft Print to PDF (mine was checked).

This turned it off.

Then, I went back in and ticked the box to turn it on and I have now the option to print to pdf in Firefox and Edge.

Maybe something happened during the upgrade and turning it on and off worked for me. ymmv.

Cheler, Sep 26, 2017
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Default List of Programs

Windows 10 includes a PDF printer.

Just print your report as if sending to a paper printer then switch the printer from default to Microsoft Print to PDF.

Windows 10 introduces a new annoyance where the last used printer is made default. Therefore having used Print to PDF then next time you want to print the default may have changed. To prevent this happening go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and
    Scanners. Turn off Let Windows manage my default printer.

HairyFool, Sep 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 26, 2017
  5. brubakes Win User
    Thanks Brink. I am able to enable the feature, but even after doing so the printer object never actually shows up. I wonder if there is something I'm missing.

brubakes, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. Does it show up in Devices and Printers opened from the Control Panel (icons view)?

Brink, Sep 27, 2017
  7. brubakes Win User
    Nope. Even tried fully removing and reinstalling the feature.

brubakes, Sep 27, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 27, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    Why would anybody actually want to disable this other than OCD?

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Microsoft

2. Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop: Print Spooler is turning itself off automatically, checked all settings, deleted/reinstalled all printer drivers, troubleshooter using Windows Troubleshooter. It won't stop turning itself off, whenever manually turned on, it turns itself off again and will not allow any...
  3. Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler turning off constantly Windows 10 22H2, can't print to PDF/OneNote Desktop: Print Spooler is turning itself off automatically, checked all settings, deleted/reinstalled all printer drivers, troubleshooter using Windows Troubleshooter. It won't stop turning itself off, whenever manually turned on, it turns itself off again and will not allow any...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print to PDF: When selecting a group of pages to print using Microsoft Print to PDF it is not allowing the process. But when selecting "print all pages", the process is followed through and the pdf document is availableI have tried "Turn Windows features on or off" but it did not resolve...
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  6. Microsoft print to PDF

Microsoft print to PDF: Hello I have followed all the steps from checking to unchecking the box for the option and restarting my computer and I receive an error code "error code 0x800f0922 print to pdf" How to I repair this tool that I need Thank you , Cory...
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: I am able to print only 1 sheet of MS Excel at a time with Microsoft Print to PDF . Earlier I was able to print entire workbook comprising of 15 sheets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf/887b2da4-958f-4f32-a065-60300d44349a
  8. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: Using this printer to print pdf's When I first started using it, I would select this printer, a dialogue box "save print output as" popped up and I could select folders from a list. Now when the dialogue box comes up. The hide folders, browse folders at bottom left, does...
  9. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  10. Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft print to PDF: When I try Microsoft print to PDF, it creates my document and I can see the file in Quick Access, but, when I try to open the file in Quick Access, Acrobat Reader tells me it can't find the file. By the way, the file that I find in Quick Access is not in the Documents folder...