Windows 10: Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 15025, people with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 15025, people with partial hearing loss or deafness in one ear can turn on mono audio to have Windows play audio from both the left and right audio channels into both ears (channels) when using headphones, so they dont miss any sounds.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off mono audio for your account in Windows 10.

Contents

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2 Click/tap on Audio on the left side, and turn on or off (default) Turn on mono audio on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3 You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Mono Audio using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\Audio

AccessibilityMonoMixState DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Mono Audio
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_mono_audio.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Mono Audio
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_mono_audio.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 sign in to apply.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Turn On or Off Mono Audio using a BAT file
    You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\Audio

AccessibilityMonoMixState DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1 Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Mono Audio
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_mono_audio.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Mono Audio
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_mono_audio.bat

Download
    4 Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5 Unblock the .bat file.

6 Run the .bat file.

7 Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to "Run as administrator".

8 You will now notice a command prompt open and close to make the registry changes and stop and start the "Windows Audio" (Audiosrv) service to apply.

9 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Turn On or Off Mono Audio using Context Menu
    You must be signed in as an administrator to do this option.

1 For how, see: How to Add Turn On or Off Mono Audio context menu in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 11, 2017

2. Headphones only outputting audio in mono

Hello,

I'd like to play Stereo audio when my headphones are plugged in to my 3.5mm audio port, but they are only outputting in Mono. Stereo works when using them through Bluetooth, but I often use them wired and would like them to play Stereo properly that way
    as well.

System specifications:

Windows 10 64 bit home

3.5mm Audio jack

Realtek Audio

JBL live 650btnc-le headphones

My audio drivers are all up to date.

The "mono" audio option in Ease of Access is turned off.

Turning audio enhancements on or off in the properties menu doesn't solve the problem.

Restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tyler Cernak, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Accessablility Question: Mono Audio

Windows 10 has been released and like Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc., does not have accessibility support for half-deaf people.

Does Microsoft have a plan to implement this accessibility feature at any point, or are we going to be subjected to this again? Is there a way to set sound output to mono in Windows 7?

I am not interested at all in a driver-implemented mono feature or a suggestion to use a mono adaptor.

andrewsund, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

Win10 Enterprise Mono Line-in Audio

Hi Peter,

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

In Windows 10 1809, click Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on mono audio.

If you are running an older version, you might have to do it somewhere else. Here is a work around that might work for you:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/mono-audio-windo...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Kitsurai Win User
    Mono audio loss

I use mono to listen to music with one headphone.

For some tracks, all or part of the audio is 180 degrees out of phase between the stereo channels, silencing it.

Solution: Invert one channel then mix both channels, halve the amplitude of the result, then mix it with the original mono track.

Is there a way to make that solution part of the mono function?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

Kitsurai, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Mono Audio in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Mono

2. Is there a way to fix airpods working with mono audio off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix airpods working with mono audio off?: I recently started having a problem with my airpods when id use them with my windows 11 laptop. The sound would stop playing completely if i had my airpods connected unless i had the mono audio setting on in settings. I did a sound test but no sound was being produced at all....
  3. Is there a way to fix airpods working with mono audio off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to fix airpods working with mono audio off?: I recently started having a problem with my airpods when id use them with my windows 11 laptop. The sound would stop playing completely if i had my airpods connected unless i had the mono audio setting on in settings. I did a sound test but no sound was being produced at all....
  4. turn off audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off audio: How do I turn off the audio for the mouse on Microsoft 850 wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-audio/dcd6262c-5a9c-4774-b2d1-d446ee64b784
  5. turn off audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off audio: How do I turn off the audio for the mouse on Microsoft 850 wireless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-audio/dcd6262c-5a9c-4774-b2d1-d446ee64b784
  6. turn off audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mono audio troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mono audio troubles: Hi, I’ve been having some problems with the audio in my pc... it seems as though no matter what I do it’s always mono audio. The mono audio setting is off and the realtek audio console is no help to this issue at all. When I turn my main volume slider in the Realtek console...
  8. Some videos only play audio if mono audio is turn on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some videos only play audio if mono audio is turn on: Starting a few days ago some videos on youtube and twitter would not play any audio at all, however my volume mixer would act as if they were playing audio even though no sound was coming out of my headset. After some messing around I discovered that the muted videos would...
  9. Audio Turning Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Turning Off: For the past week or so, my sound has been turning off if I pause any audio output for more than two or three seconds. As a temporary fix, I can go into the "Sound" window from the control panel and mess with the settings until it works; and by "mess with the settings" I mean...
  10. Can't Record Mono Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Record Mono Audio: Hello! I'll try and make this short. I'm trying to record mono audio from my microphone, but it only records the left I did the following: I went to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Recording > and then I chose the microphone I'm using. When I select it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Turn mono audio on or off