Windows 10: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10

Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing app suggestions in My People for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Where suggested apps will show in My People

Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side, turn On (default) or Off Show My People app suggestions for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager

SubscribedContent-314563Enabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On My People Suggested Apps
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_My_People_app_suggestions.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off My People Suggested Apps
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_My_People_app_suggestions.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 5, 2017
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks topgundcp,

but I meant to clear the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the People button, not hide or turn off the People button itself.

JayPhi, Oct 26, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Windows 10 People App

I would suggest you to run the below steps and then follow the suggestions provided by Aswin and check if it helps.

Run the inbuilt windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key+X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store app to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter
    Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

Hello,

I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the
    People button I am seeing Suggested Contacts, and this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! How can Windows determine who I might like to send emails to? It's a very strange "feature". But worse than that when I scroll to below Suggested Contacts I see the
    alphabetic list, BUT only some of the Contacts are there! If I click the People icon on the bottom of the Mail app I can see all the Contacts.

So in short:-

I - How do I make the full list of People appear when I click the People icon on a new email?

2 - How can I stop the program listing Suggested Contacts?

Regards,

Tony

TonyWaldron28, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Suggested

2. Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar: Hello,I am seemingly unable to turn off this app suggestion DTS Unbound, from the MS Storehttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811234836802568233/985042867355541534/unknown.pngI have tried going to the Apps and Features settings page, and the option to turn off suggestions...
  3. Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off app suggestions in task bar: Hello,I am seemingly unable to turn off this app suggestion DTS Unbound, from the MS Storehttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811234836802568233/985042867355541534/unknown.pngI have tried going to the Apps and Features settings page, and the option to turn off suggestions...
  4. Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Professional: Turning off "Suggested" apps? Pop-ups: In Windows 10 Professional, how do we permanently disable “suggested” apps on business machines? There is a control panel setting to do it, but it appears to reset back to allowed after a period of time? Or perhaps updates turn it back on? How do we prevent this...
  5. Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Timeline Suggestions in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might...
  6. Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Suggested Content in Settings app in Windows 10 Starting with Settings. This content comes in a variety of forms, and can help you discover new features within Settings, or...
  7. Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for...
  8. Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Installing Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 version 1607 Anniversary Update, Windows will silently automatically download...
  9. Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Minecraft, Flipboard etc... in All Apps on the left side of Start. If you click/tap on...
  10. Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off App Suggestions in Share flyout in Windows 10 [img] Information The Windows sharing experience in Windows 10 allows you to share web pages in Microsoft Edge from installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana...