Windows 10: Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps. Notifications are then grouped in the Action Center by app and time. When the Action Center gets a new notification, it will briefly show a notification banner above the taskbar notification area to let you know.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off playing a sound when a notification arrives from all or specific apps and senders for your account in Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Notification Sound for Specific Apps and Senders in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Notification Sound for All Apps and Senders in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Notification Sound for Specific Apps and Senders in Settings
    1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2 Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and click/tap on the app or sender (ex: Feedback Hub) under Get notifications from these senders on the right side. (see screenshot below)

If the listed apps and senders under Get notifications from these senders are grayed out, then you have notifications completely turned off.

You will only see apps and senders listed that you had already gotten notifications from.

Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3 Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Play a sound when a notification arrives. (see screenshot below)

If the settings are grayed out, then you have notifications turned off for this app/sender.

4 When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Notification Sound for All Apps and Senders in Settings
    This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 18932 for some Insiders in the Fast ring.

1 Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2 Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Allow notifications to play sounds under Notifications on the right side. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 25, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Finn A Win User
    Windows 10 - Outlook 2016 New mail notification sound

The link points to an article that proposes the same steps that the previous response also suggests. As I already responded, I already did all this. It has no effect.

However, meanwhile I have found the cause of the problem Windows 10 has a setting to control if it should "get notifications from these senders". This setting was set to on for "Outlook 2016". As long as this setting is on, Windows 10 seems to override
    whatever settings Outlook has (including the "new mail notification" sound), "eat" the notification and always play its own Windows notification sound.

Turn off the "Outlook 2016" in the Windows notifications from these senders settings, and the "New mail notification" sound will be played as expected.

Finn A, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Bastet Win User
    Bastet, Oct 26, 2019
  6. disman00911, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Notification

2. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  3. Turn off all notification sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off all notification sounds.: This should be simple.I want to turn off all notification sounds. I use my computer to teach. I want all sounds other than those that I am producing for my classes to be turned off. Forever. Any time. All day.I don't want to go down a checklist and select which sounds to turn...
  4. "GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS": Under Settings>System>Notifications & Actions>Get Notifications From These Senders there follows a list of native apps and desktop apps. How is it determined which apps appear on this list? I have two Win 10 PC's with the exact same version and pretty much configured the same...
  5. Turn off notification Sound for app not listed under "Get Notification from these Senders"

Turn off notification Sound for app not listed under "Get Notification from these Senders": All the "how-to"s all mention about where to change the setting, but they never mention about Changing The Notification for the App not listed under the setting. Can anybody tell me how to turn off the notification sound for ONE specific program? Thanks...
  6. Turn off volume mixer notification sound

Turn off volume mixer notification sound: I get a "ding" notification sound in Windows 10 when I turn the main volume in volume mixer up to 100%. I have all system sounds disabled in control panel/sounds (set to none). This only seems to happen when audio playback programs are running (like iTunes, MusicBee, MPC-HC,...
  7. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957
  8. Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...
  9. Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Sound Sentry for Visual Notifications in Windows 10 [img] Information Sound Sentry replaces system sounds with visual cues, such as a flash on the screen, so you can see...
  10. Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows...