Windows 10: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly to a destination in the navigation pane.

Starting with OneDrive files and folders on demand.

With Files On-Demand, you can access all your files in the cloud without having to download them and use storage space on your device. All your files—even online-only files—can be seen in File Explorer and work just like every other file on your device. You’ll be able to open online-only files from within any desktop or Windows Store apps using the Windows file picker. And you’re covered in both your home and professional life since it works with your personal and work OneDrive, as well as your SharePoint Online team sites.

Your files will have these statuses in File Explorer:

Online-only files don’t take up space on your computer. You see a cloud icon for each online-only file in File Explorer, but the file doesn’t download to your device until you open it. You can’t open online-only files when your device isn’t connected to the Internet.

When you open an online-only file, it downloads to your device and becomes a locally available file. You can open a locally available file anytime, even without Internet access. If you need more space, you can change the file back to online. Just right-click the file and select Free up space.

Only files that you mark as Always keep on this device have the green circle with the white check mark. These files download to your device and take up space, but they’re always there for you even when you’re offline.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off always show availability status of your OneDrive files on-demand in the navigation pane of File Explorer for your account in Windows 10.

Note To see OneDrive Cloud states in the navigation pane:

1) OneDrive app must be running.
    2) You must be signed in to OneDrive.
    3) You must have Files On-Demand turned on.
    4) Turn on "Always show availability status" using an option in this tutorial below.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane from Folder Options
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Always show availability status" On and Off in File Explorer navigation pane for OneDrive Cloud States

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane from Folder Options
    1. Open Folder Options.

2 Click/tap on the View tab, check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Always show availability status for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will change the registry key and value below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

NavPaneShowAllCloudStates DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_show_Cloud_states_in_navigation_pane.reg

Download
    3. To Turn Off Show OneDrive Cloud States in Navigation Pane
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_show_Cloud_states_in_navigation_pane.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

8. If open, close and reopen File Explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 7, 2017

2. OneDrive missing from Windows Explorer navigation pane

When I first cleaned installed Windows 10 v1809 on my machine I applied a Group Policy setting for OneDrive to Prevent the Usage of OneDrive for File Storage to ENABLED. Of course, that would remove the OneDrive from the left side navigation pane within Windows File Explorer. But now, I set the Group Policy back to NOT CONFIGURED, rebooted the machine and the OneDrive is still missing from the the left side of the Windows File Explorer navigation pane as shown in my image. I even performed the command GPUPDATE /FORCE.

My laptop is a standalone, not part of a Domain.

I tried all the things listed from the article below but with no luck. I also was able to sign in with my OneDrive account and that was all fine and OneDrive appeared on the File Explorer pane. But once I UNLINKED my account from OneDrive, the OneDrive was still missing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-b74545c7f4da

Even if no Group Policies are set, and even NOT signing into OneDrive, by default, the OneDrive icon should still appear on the left side navigation pane when launching Windows File Explorer.

And suggestions?

My guess is to recreate my user profile, but I don't really want to do that now.

win10freak, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Easo Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

6. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off OneDrive Cloud States for Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off OneDrive

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Turn On or Off Show all folders in Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn On or Off Show all folders in Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to customize File Explorer to your preference on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, you can make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder, show or hide Quick access and Favorites from the navigation pane, show the Preview Pane for Explorer, show...
  4. Cloud storage icons i.e. Dropbox, Onedrive on File Explorer's navigation pane appear with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloud storage icons i.e. Dropbox, Onedrive on File Explorer's navigation pane appear with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/B8mfN9Y7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggiy6l/cloud_storage_icons_ie_dropbox_onedrive_on_file/
  5. Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Reset Navigation Pane Expanded State in Windows 10 File Explorer You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC,...
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. Windows 10 Navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Navigation pane: I have installed adobe creative cloud but its folder is showing in the navigate pane. I want to remove it from there. Will you please help me to do this. 13320
  8. Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane: How to: Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane [img] Information You can use the navigation pane (the left pane) in File Explorer to find files and folders on your PC. If you like, you can select to show all the folders on your PC in the...
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Navigation Pane Expand to Open Folder in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatically Expand to Current Folder in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This...