Windows 10: Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by nigelmercier, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Paid Wi-Fi Services enable you to get online by buying Wi-Fi at the hotspot through Windows Store. Windows will temporarily connect to open hotspots that are not secure to see if paid Wi-Fi services are available.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off Paid Wi-Fi Services for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services during Windows Setup on PC
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services during Windows Setup on PC
    1. During Windows 10 installation and setup, select Customize settings instead of Use express settings.

2. Turn on or off Automatically connect to hotspots temporarily to see if paid Wi-Fi services are available for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services in Settings

Note Starting with Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services have been merged into a single section entitled simply “Wi-Fi services”.

In build 15014, you would click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, and turn on or off Find paid plans for suggested open hotspots near me on the right side instead.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, and turn on or off Paid Wi-Fi services for what you want on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

nigelmercier, Mar 26, 2016
  2. Todd_S_88 Win User

Unable to connect to wifi network - Getting Windows Security Sign in popup window

Main thing I could think of would be if it is a bug with Microsoft's Wi-Fi sense that connects you to suggested Wi-Fi networks/hotspots shared by your contacts. You may have checked here but could you go to:

Start->Settings->Network & Internet->Wi-Fi, and on the Wi-Fi page go to "Manage Wi-Fi settings" and see if turning off Wi-Fi sense/Paid Wi-Fi Services helps

Mainly wondering if this is affecting you since I see everything on the page has the "Sign in with your MS account".

Todd_S_88, Mar 26, 2016
  3. WiFi Issues on public networks after windows 10 - no login/acknowledgement page

Well it sounds like Windows 10 is being "helpful", and messing up.

Wi-Fi Sense is suppose to use information it knows about hotspots to bypass having to acknowledge the terms of service "to get you logged on faster".

It sounds like you need to turn off the "Connect to suggested open hotspots".

Look at What does Wi-Fi Sense do? on this page":

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

A_User_Here, Mar 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

Yep, definitely something you would want turned off to be more secure.

Brink, Mar 26, 2016
Thema:

Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Paid Wi-Fi Services W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Paid

2. Wi fi compatibility is turned off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi fi compatibility is turned off.: I have lenovo G580 laptop i can't turn on my wifi option even i can't click on it .. I already used power management option , device manager for install and uninstall drivers, mobility option etc. I Can't rid off this problem....
  3. WI-FI turn off

WI-FI turn off: HI how can Iturn on The WI-FI on my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929nr Notebook PC? iput the Network security ey ,but ican't connect to the wi fiItroubleshooting ,a red Xsay that i have not preferret wireless network, Idon't know how this is hapen,is work good with the etherne...
  4. windows 10 wi-fi turned off on laptop ??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 wi-fi turned off on laptop ??: update turned off wi-fi on windows wi-fi . on laptop . turn back on ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wi-fi-turned-off-on-laptop/fb0bd26b-4f59-4c3f-94fa-a02a9823ef72
  5. Can't turn off Wi-Fi

Can't turn off Wi-Fi: I am using Windows 10, and I have Ethernet. I cannot turn off my Wi-Fi, and I've already looked it up for an hour with no results helping. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-turn-off-wi-fi/b684c9a4-b3c5-4418-8f80-9c4ab65ae096
  6. Wi-Fi Sense not working?

Wi-Fi Sense not working?: Has anybody successfully used Wi-Fi Sense? I'm trying to share my network with a friend of mine. I'm using Windows 10, he's using Windows Phone 8.1. We both have Wi-Fi Sense enabled, we have each other as a contact on Skype & Outlook. I shared the network with all my contacts...
  7. Turn On or Off W-Fi Sense in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off W-Fi Sense in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid. [img] Information Wi‑Fi Sense automatically connects you to Wi‑Fi, so you can get online quickly in more places. It can do these things for you to get you Internet...
  8. Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10: How to: Wi-Fi - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Wi-Fi Communication in Windows 10 Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network (WLAN) technology and standard that uses high-frequency radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network...
  9. W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: W-Fi Sense - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off W-Fi Sense in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Wi‑Fi Sense automatically connects you to Wi‑Fi, so you can get online quickly in more places. It can do these things for you...
  10. Enable or Disable W-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable W-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable W-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable W-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services in Windows 10 [img] Information Wi‑Fi Sense can automatically make Wi-Fi connections on your computer so that you can go online...