Windows 10: Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for dinner, or get an answer from a friend or coworker My People is here to take it to the next level and bring the people you care about most to the center of your experience.

You can:
    • Pin your people to the taskbar – Some will be suggested to start with, or you can pick your own! (Note: you are currently limited to having 3 people pinned to your taskbar currently.)
    • View multiple communication apps together and filtered to each person on your taskbar.
    • Choose the app you want to use to chat and it’ll remember for next time.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off playing a sound when a My People Pop arrives from your pinned contacts on the People Bar for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Shoulder Taps for pinned contacts on People Bar

Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Settings
    1. Do step 2 (settings), step 3 (taskbar), or step 4 (People Bar) below from where you would like to open the People Bar settings from.

2. Open step 5 below.

3. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Taskbar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the People icon on the taskbar, click/tap on the See more
    button, click/tap on People Bar settings, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Taskbar on the left side in Settings, and turn on (default) or off Play a sound when a My People pop arrives under People on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note Show My People pops will need to be turned on to be able to turn on Play a sound when a My People pop arrives.

6. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Settings

*note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People\ShoulderTap

ShoulderTapAudio DWORD

0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Play Sound for My People Pop
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Shoulder_Tap_sound_on_People_Bar.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Play Sound for My People Pop
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Shoulder_Tap_sound_on_People_Bar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 9, 2016

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Crackling/Popping sound Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 26, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

popping sound when begin to type..

Hi Jimmy,

This popping sound could be the Windows notification sound that is played when a new device is plugged in. If you are using an external keyboard or any other device connected through USB, that could be triggering the sound. I would suggest you to disconnect
    any external connected device and then check if the sound is still played. if yes, it could be the notification for some other action. In this case, I would suggest you to right click on the volume icon in the notification area and then click on sounds. In
    the new Window check the list of sounds for each action and check which sound is being played. This will give you an idea of what might be triggering the sound.

Bennet Martin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Sound on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, I like to know below details,

• Are trying to turn off the notification sound?

• Do you get any notification when you get the sound?

• Did you set up reminder on the calendar?
    Meanwhile, if you are trying to turn off the notification sound I would suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps,

• Click on your Start Button, then

• Click on Settings.

• Click on System.

• Click on Notifications and Actions. Under the heading,

• Show Notifications from these Apps,

• Click on your Apps in that list, then

• Turn Off "play a sound when a notification arrives."
    Please reply to us with the detailed description of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Crackling/Popping sounds on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting crackling sound while playing back music in Windows.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let’s run the audio playback troubleshooter and check if that helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Click on the search icon below and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Then click on the Troubleshooting on the top of the Window.
    • Under hardware and sound, click or tap troubleshoot audio play back.

Method 2:

Download and install the drivers in Windows compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10

1. Turn On or Off Play Sound for My People Pop in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Play

2. My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played: My pc suddenly started turning off on it is own and a buzzing sound appeared after some time from the problem in every headphones or speaker connected to it, i thought it was an overheating problem but now that i changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case the thing is...
  3. My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc turns off suddenly and there's a weird sound when's a loud sound is played: My pc suddenly started turning off on it is own and a buzzing sound appeared after some time from the problem in every headphones or speaker connected to it, i thought it was an overheating problem but now that i changed the thermal paste and cleaned the case the thing is...
  4. Repeated sudden turn off of my computer while sound still playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated sudden turn off of my computer while sound still playing: I have been trying to play video games on my computer and, when I try to get into the games, the computer keeps on turning off display and repeating the same sound it played slightly before the crash over and over, only stopping when I stop power to the device. I have been...
  5. Repeated sudden turn off of my computer while sound still playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated sudden turn off of my computer while sound still playing: I have been trying to play video games on my computer and, when I try to get into the games, the computer keeps on turning off display and repeating the same sound it played slightly before the crash over and over, only stopping when I stop power to the device. I have been...
  6. Turn Off Pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn Off Pop ups: how do i turn off "pop up blocker" so I can download some pictures? [Original Title: Pop ups] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-pop-ups/f2406c90-371f-48b1-aa30-6f47c39db3b3
  7. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  8. Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show My People Pops in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make plans for...
  9. Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer: How to: Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer How to Turn On or Off Play Sounds in Webpages in Internet Explorer [img] Information Internet Explorer will play sounds in webpages by default in Windows. If you like, you can turn off playing all...
  10. Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Startup Sound in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Play Windows Startup Sound in Windows 10 Windows 10 can play a sound at startup to let you know it's loaded and ready. This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Windows startup sound...